Mundane Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MsD View Post
    My mate's trolling me with pictures of carrier bags.
    She sounds..... Like someone who's not really a friend, in all honesty.

In other news, I channelled my inner WOM earlier and bought some Camo shorts. I feel liberated.

Comment

The easiest way, I find, to prevent the "shoes on versus shoes off" argument is to never have people round. Works for me.

Dunlop Green Flash, by the way, are no worse than Johnny Walker Red Label: an abysmal default setting, but no better, and no worse, than the other colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

She sounds..... Like someone who's not really a friend, in all honesty.

In other news, I channelled my inner WOM earlier and bought some Camo shorts. I feel liberated.
        Well done, man. You'll feel both comfortable and virtually invisible.

Comment

You are a good, brave man.

You're not going to wear the fucking things, though, are you?

Comment

I can suggest a shoe...

Comment

I don't care if people do or don't take their shoes off. My wonderful beau does, though. So I take mine off. I'm not going to ask anyone else to, though.

I'm glad that plimsolls has really taken off on here though. Good work, people.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                You are a good, brave man.

You're not going to wear the fucking things, though, are you?
                Not only am I going to wear them (indoors), I'm going to wear them on holiday (hundreds of miles away) in September,

Comment

Just as an FYI, I spend most of the hours I'm not wearing a suit - which I hate - wearing shorts. I have hot legs, in temperature, at least.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOO. Not a Rod Stewart earworm!

Comment

Wait....you hate not wearing a suit...or you hate wearing a suit?

Comment

The easiest way, I find, to prevent the "shoes on versus shoes off" argument is to never have people round. Works for me.
                        In the immortal words of Mark E Smith;

“I only have three chairs in the house. One for the wife, one for me and one for a guest. No more. One guest at a time - that’s my philosophy. You don’t want your house turning into a hippy commune”

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                          In the immortal words of Mark E Smith;
                          He was always a bit too philanthropic for my liking, Mr. E. Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                            I love ya, honey!

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                            Wait....you hate not wearing a suit...or you hate wearing a suit?
                            Don't start. The second one.

Comment

Then he's like almost every other blighter on this board, i.e. clueless.

Comment

Don't start. The second one.
                                I don't quote know why, but I've got an eyeworm of Toby Gymshorts wearing a safari suit and looking like Don Estelle.

"Because the trees don't need to know."

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                  Now you've made me want to watch the Kenny Everett Do Ya Think I'm Sexy.

Comment

I don't get people who wear any kind of shoe when in their own house. Wearing shoes every waking hour when you don't have to would just get uncomfortable.

Comment

I wear ballet pumps, because I am special.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                        I don't get people who wear any kind of shoe when in their own house. Wearing shoes every waking hour when you don't have to would just get uncomfortable.
                                        I have a pair of Uggs Tamara slippers that go on my feet the minute I get home (and the minute I get out of bed). I basically wear them all the time. I love them as much as EIM loves his best trainers.

Comment

Did you know that there are still people who don't know that a pdf can be converted to Excel or Word?

I know, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                            Did you know that there are still people who don't know that a pdf can be converted to Excel or Word?

I know, right?
                                            Can anyone do this or do you need a special program or license on say adobe? I didn't know about excel tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

I know, right?
                                              Just because you can doesn't mean that you should - I remember trying that with my CV and it completely messed up the formatting to the point where I just ended up writing a new one from scratch.

Comment

At home waiting for the washing machine repair man/men following of from the previous repair which has resulted in a leak. Again I've been given a handy 7am-5pm "slot".

Comment

I had two lunches today. Been trying to cut out the sugar, and in an effort to get rid of the urges for sweet things I've been liberal with the savoury. Finished my Grill'd vegan cheeseburger, then went down a level in the Westifield and had a Stavros Stavrou halloumi wrap from Zeus. It worked, haven't wanted anything sugary. Had dinner when I got home, obviously.

Comment

I've lost a few pounds (over the last month or so) which makes me feel better and makes it far easier to walk upstairs. Still having my lipolaser, although I know that's probably the smallest factor, it's more down to the fact that I'm cutting down on cakes, biscuits and cheese and using fat/carb blockers, and walking as much as I can, despite my sore foot, which flares up after a mile or so.

Actually ran for five minutes yesterday with my foot strapped up, and the bit that started hurting was my instep. Gah.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X