No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Bosch cordless screwdriver. It's ace.

I believe I've mentioned it before on here.

Comment

Top man. Bosch are where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
        Top man. Bosch are where it's at.
        Not always. As I've learnt from my regulars - and, I believe, from hobbes -, green Bosch tools are average, no more than that.

Hilti are the dog's bollocks.

Comment

Have you ever tried fixing a curtain rail with a dog's bollock?

I'm asking the wrong person, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
            I'm the youngest in my French class, by a decade or so. Teacher today went round and asked us all what we did when we were young, and what we were like when we were young. Asked everyone else if they liked to travel, do sport or play music, asked me if I was beautiful. He quickly changed it to "more beautiful", possibly as I'd given him A Look, and I answered "trop, trop belle", which got a laugh. But blimey mate, skating on thin ice there.
            That's well inappropriate. Report him to Ofsted.

Comment

I feel that treibeis has punked Toby with that question about power tool makes

Comment

My dad bought a Stihl hedge trimmer recently. It's a serious looking machine, petrol driven.

I've got a mental image of a dog hanging from the end of a curtain rail with a simultaneously pained and exasperated look on its face.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  I feel that treibeis has punked Toby with that question about power tool makes
                  I don't know what "punked" means, but he certainly showed himself up. "Ooh, yeah, Bosch, German, ooh, yeah." Silly arse.

Comment

Good job I love you, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                      ...the typeface changing in the middle of a sentence.
                      I'm getting an eye-twitching nervous tic just thinking about that. That is vile.
                      Spelling mistakes, lapses in grammar, bad semantics... they're sort-of forgiveable. After all, not everybody is good at proofreading their own work.

But the typeface thing - someone's made a conscious decision to do that. I'm going to throw up.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                        Good job I love you, isn't it?
                        Not if your power tools are shit, no.

Comment

Got my annual denims purchase done. Denizen by Levi: 232 model. Size 30/32. Only issue...they only had one pair in the dark blue colour. Ah well.

Comment

How many legs do you have?

Comment

I'm slightly worried I might need a new jeans size in the near future. Or at least have a 30 inch waist fit and stay up without a belt. There is nothing more unappealing than a skinny fucker with a pot belly.

Sit up crunches and less dining out, fuck that. Mibees I should start smoking tabs again.
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 15-03-2019, 23:18.

Comment

Absolutely made up i got mildly rebuked by one of the big guns of twitter (DAG)...i am a bit sad...

Comment

What's a big gun on Twitter and exactly how big is it? Is it bigger than an Influencer?

Comment

DAG is a lawyer and Brexit Expert as opposed to someone that takes selfies of their Breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                      How many legs do you have?
                                      I buy jeans once a year. At Target. $30. And experience has taught me that when I find 'the' pair, buy two.

Comment

I'm feeling inadequate about my assortment of power tools, and seek affirmation from the Mundane Collective:

Cordless electric screwdriver/drill - Ryobi
                                        Mains power drill - Black & Decker c. 1986
                                        Hedge trimmer - Ryobi
                                        Chainsaw (mains) - Makita

Comment

We have a phone with which we can call the building's handymen

Comment

But has he got a 1986 power drill?

Comment

I used to have Ryobi rechargeables, but their lithium batteries are hinky. To the point where they have 'how to sort out your hinky Ryobi lithium battery' Youtube videos. It works, but it's a pain in the ass. Black and Decker are solid. Electric chainsaws are for small children and the infirm...

Comment

The only power tools I own are:
                                                Ryobi cordless drill
                                                Compact 3-inch circular saw

I also have a fully staffed maintenance department just a phone call away.

And I have enough dog grooming equipment to open my own shop.

Comment

If ever your batteries stop taking a charge, search Youtube for the hack. It works.

What on earth does a woman in a condo do with a 3" circular saw?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

What on earth does a woman in a condo do with a 3" circular saw?
                                                    Oh, that's a funny story, actually. In my never ending battle of wits with my cat (Sam) who loves nothing better than to unroll and shred the toilet roll, I bought a fancy holder like you see in some hotels--the kind with the metal flap that sits on top of the roll, but when I went to replace my old one, I discovered that the new one was slightly larger than the old one, so I bought the 3" circ saw just for that. And it worked well and I installed the holder. It looks fantastic, but it didn't stop Sam.

He hasn't won though--I just keep the roll under the sink until I need it so he can't get to it. Now that we're talking about it, I'm remembering that I have had a partial roll in the holder for ages and he hasn't touched it, so maybe he's cured.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X