X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Favourite Lesbians

Claire Balding
    Sandi Taksvig

How great would a night on the piss with those two be?

...and yours?

My Favourite Lesbians

Toksvig's rubbish man.

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

Saffron Burrows.

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

Wow. This is totally not the right time for me to deal with this thread seriously.

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

There's something about this thread that makes me uneasy. I know it's not what Bored had in mind, but it's just a short leap to "My favourite queens" or "My favourite people of West Indian heritage".

Maybe a more fruitful discussion would be why so many heterosexual men seem to feel threatened by lesbians.

The stereotype is of short back & sides hairstyled bruisers who hare men. I've yet to meet one who disliked me for my gender, and I know a far few very beautiful lesbians.

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

My neighbour had a girlfriend for a bit who really did hate not only men but also women who didn't hate them. It was a bit awkward. She was an antisocial horror as a neighbour but of course none of our friends in common thought that. And she's the only person I've ever met who thought like that, although another friend has an ex-girlfriend who she says felt exactly the same way. I'm not sure where this post is going. It may end with me adding up the number of gay women I know and finding out that 12% fit this stereotype.

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

OK, G-man, just to,hopefully,put your mind at rest.

In the spirit of testing the hair-trigger of the admins on the board (joke) I thought I would put that thread title so there may be a split second where people thought I was just putting up pics of lipstick lesbians or heterosexual women kissing as shown in men's mags.

It came about mainly from me listening to Claire Balding on Radio 4 and realising that I liked here a lot.

I could have put up "Nice people I like" but that would be a bit boring so I thought I would out up a bit of a spoof of gerontophile's thread at the other place.

As I put her name down, I realise I like Sandi Toksvig on Radio 4 as well.

Anyway, yes, pigeonholing her in a lesbian box is a bit shallow and I apologise for making you feel uneasy and if I offended anyone else. It was supposed to be a lighter tone

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

How on earth could this thread have been seen as anything other than lighter in tone?

I mean, 'My Favourite Lesbians', for God's sake.

Wyatt Earp suggests, on another thread, that he is becoming slightly concerned with sexism on otf, for which he makes some valid points. I'm equally concerned that ultra-sensitvity may be creeping in if Bored feels a need to apologise for this thread.

We know each other well enough by now, surely?

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

Oh God, no, I didn't criticise Bored at all. In fact, I pointed out that what made me feel uneasy had nothing to do with Bored's intent (though, re-reading it, that caveat is slightly less precise than I'd have liked to be).

So there was no need to apologise at all, least of all by Bored, who I know would be among the first to object to threads which might overstep the boundaries I mentioned.

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

It's OK, G-man and Tony. Sometimes I will go to war over a point and sometimes something's so harmless that I would rather make sure no-one's offended and I am certainly not.

Peace, I'm outta here

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

Sandra Bernhard

Comment

My Favourite Lesbians

She's waiting for us.

Comment

Working...
                        X