No announcement yet.

War in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian flats are notoriously shitly insulated, but they just pump giant citywide heating into them.

It depends on where in the building your flat is though. The flat near to where the heating comes in will be roasting hot. The one furthest away, cold.

Comment

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1576254474607525888?s=20&t=-rPECNRedV1QIibIh6LouQ

The first thing I noticed about Putin's latest rally was that all the Russian flags being waved in the audience where exactly the same size and brand new.

Comment

I worked in pipeline construction for a few years back in the early 90s when the Tory govt pumped zillions into the system prior to nationalising. Thus the newly privatised “gas grid” shareholders wouldn’t need to pay for maintenance and expansion for years to come.
        Were these lines carrying Russian gas sabotaged internally or externally? IE divers planting explosives James Bond style or was an intelligent “pig”* carrying explosives sent down from either end? I’d imagine externally with a military operation would be easiest and have less chance of witnesses or mobile phone footage etc. Or has this stuff not been released yet?

* A pig is basically a mini motorised vehicle sent down a line to either clean out debris by pushing it through the pipe to the other end using a rubber seal that scrapes along the internal circumference of the pipe. Or stops at welded joints to take X-rays. Also probably a host of other stuff that technology wouldn’t allow back then when I was charging around the countryside in a company land rover having the time of my life in the best job I ever had.

Comment

This is a long thread detailing multiple times and places Russia has used the same propaganda and tactics as it has tried in Ukraine. I'd never heard of many of these.

https://twitter.com/maksymeristavi/status/1569638459446366208?t=TKDu7ahXTv3VpMaSKs8-EA&s=19

Comment

Meanwhile, it appears Russia has helped to orchestrate this week's coup in Burkina Faso, expanding its Sahelian influence after earlier gaining the sympathy of the new Malian régime:

https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1576332072876404737

Comment

Story is paywalled but you get the gist

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1577042849715355649?t=UEcMT5uVYal1M6KQzKy4Dg&s=19

Comment

We can all pack up the thread now, Elon Musk has everything sorted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1576969255031296000

Comment

Lots of reports today of the Russian lines to the north and east of Kherson collapsing and another huge advance for Ukraine in the manner of that one near Kharkiv about 3 weeks ago

Comment

I really do fear that he's going to drop some massive WMD; not nuclear but chemical. I'm not saying that Ukraine should stop counterattacking; they have no choice because they can't allow Russia to regroup.

Comment

The lines around Kherson collapsing wouldn't reflect well on the idea that Putin had taken more direct control of the war because of failures of his generals.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1577279160573382656

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                          I really do fear that he's going to drop some massive WMD; not nuclear but chemical. I'm not saying that Ukraine should stop counterattacking; they have no choice because they can't allow Russia to regroup.
                          A Kremlin spokesperson was being coy about precisely where the borders lie of the 'annexed' parts of Ukraine. That tells me that they're backtracking.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            Lots of reports today of the Russian lines to the north and east of Kherson collapsing and another huge advance for Ukraine in the manner of that one near Kharkiv about 3 weeks ago
                            Certainly, when you look at the Live Ukraine Map website, they appear to be moving along the Dnieper, and closing in on the strategically important city of Nova Kakhovka - if they then take that, hard to see how Kherson could be defended.

Comment

Rumours that nuclear options have been discussed in the Kremlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                Rumours that nuclear options have been discussed in the Kremlin.
                                These are the kind of rumours that I imagine have been made up or they're deliberate plants by the Russians.

It doesnt mean that it hasn't happened but I'm struggling to think of a scenario in which we'd know if they didn't want us to

Comment

https://twitter.com/culham_mark/status/1577337718853484548

Some pretty eye opening stuff from the head of Russia Today

Comment

Apparently the biggest supplier of heavy weaponry to the Ukrainian army is not the USA or Germany or the UK or wherever, it is in fact Russia by some margin, thanks to all of the stuff they're leaving behind in retreat.

Comment

Russia is transporting the children of Kherson to the Crimea. The fucking scumbags

Comment

Apparently the biggest supplier of heavy weaponry to the Ukrainian army is not the USA or Germany or the UK or wherever, it is in fact Russia by some margin, thanks to all of the stuff they're leaving behind in retreat.
                                        Apparently that's particularly useful because almost all of it is based on Soviet era designs so the Ukrainian military needs almost no training in how to use it.

Comment

Russia is transporting the children of Kherson to the Crimea. The fucking scumbags
                                          Hostages?

Comment

Or just punishment. For them and their parents for being Ukrainian

Comment

Straight up ethnic cleansing, isn't it? Removing young Ukrainians so there aren't any young Ukrainians left in that part of Ukraine, and trying to educate the Ukrainian out of them once they're on more Russian friendly soil.

Comment

Boom, boom.

(I'll get my coat)

Comment

Putin's Crimea bridge has been blown up.

Hard to tell how it was done, but I'm guessing somebody planted explosives on a cargo train.

​​​​​

Comment

It appears to be a fuel tanker train. That would work even better I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X