Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems fair

Comment

"Mr Lavrov said key issues included the security of people in eastern Ukraine, the demilitarisation of Ukraine and the rights of Russian-speaking people in Ukraine"

A bit rich coming from a regime that has massacred Russian-speakers over the last two weeks.

Comment

It's all bullshit to retroactively justify their invasion.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M/status/1504136862277017607

Comment

https://twitter.com/dmytrokuleba/status/1504141027879313412?s=21

Comment

just to give you an idea of the state of the rouble

Russian banks offering 110 roubles to buy 1 USD, but 330 to sell customers 1 USD.

That's quite a spread.

Comment

https://www.twitter.com/just_whatever/status/1504144895501557762?s=20&t=ER-EA9P3fp_kMGFeeR2Vqg

This is fucking deranged fascism.

Comment

I heard the last statement as encouraging Russians to have done with those he defines as traitors as essential and beneficial national self-purification. Fuck me.

Comment

"Who can't do without foie gras, oysters or the so-called gender freedoms"

Comment

I presume the whole thing makes more sense in Russian, but a lot of it is gibberish to me.

Comment

Looks like a justification is being prepared for Belarus to join the invasion...

https://twitter.com/PavelLatushka/st...00509481173006

Comment

Oddly enough I don't remember sinn fein and People before profit including this in their last election manifestos. They must have run out of room I suppose.

Comment

What?

Comment

Sinn fein, and our home grown trots have carried a lot of water for putin in the european parliament over the last decade. This must be what they were into. Sinn fein have also hurriedly deleted nearly 20 years of political statements off their website.

Why do you think the dup were demanding a no fly zone, and so loudly trumpeting their support for Ukraine?
                              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 16-03-2022, 22:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post
                                Looks like a justification is being prepared for Belarus to join the invasion...

https://twitter.com/PavelLatushka/st...00509481173006
                                That guy is anti-Lukashenka dissident exiled in Poland.

Nobody knows what the hell is going on.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...rd-in-belarus/
                                Last edited by anton pulisov; 17-03-2022, 00:19.

Comment

He posted this four hours ago:

https://twitter.com/PavelLatushka/status/1504182313130807297

Comment

The latest Putin bollocks from RT.com (my Swedish ISP is very anti-censorship and is refusing to block RT):

“Encouraged by the United States and other Western countries, Ukraine was purposefully preparing for a scenario of force, a massacre and an ethnic cleansing in Donbass. A massive onslaught on Donbass and later Crimea was just a matter of time. However, our Armed Forces have shattered these plans,” Putin said.

There was a network of dozens of laboratories in Ukraine, where military biological programs were conducted under the guidance and with the financial support of the Pentagon, including experiments with coronavirus strains, anthrax, cholera, African swine fever and other deadly diseases,” Putin said

I want ordinary Western people to hear me as well. You are being persistently told that your current difficulties are the result of Russia’s hostile actions and that you have to pay from your own pockets for the efforts to counter the alleged Russian threat. All of that is a lie.
                                    Are his Yes men telling him that the western economies are collapsing?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                      The latest Putin bollocks from RT.com (my Swedish ISP is very anti-censorship and is refusing to block RT):

Are his Yes men telling him that the western economies are collapsing?

Well, we are expected to see energy and food price rises amongst other things, that's true, but the link to Russian sanctions as a result of their invasion of Ukraine is pretty clear.

Comment

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1504273953069879297?s=21

Comment

Weigh the source but...

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1504268811016540164?t=iZBVc3TiGfdAeZky3MeX2Q&s=19

Comment

I've also read somewhere that some Russian units thought they were just on practice manoeuvres and didn't know they were in Ukraine until they were captured by Ukrainian troops.

Comment

Russia claims 700 of their soldiers have been killed so far. Ukraine claims that 12000 Russian soldiers have died. So, the truth may be somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post
                                                Russia claims 700 of their soldiers have been killed so far. Ukraine claims that 12000 Russian soldiers have died. So, the truth may be somewhere in between.
                                                The Russian figure probably refers to the number of corpses retrieved and identified by their forces.

I'm more inclined to believe the American estimate (in post number 1795) than the Ukrainian one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  Sinn fein, and our home grown trots have carried a lot of water for putin in the european parliament over the last decade. This must be what they were into. Sinn fein have also hurriedly deleted nearly 20 years of political statements off their website.

Why do you think the dup were demanding a no fly zone, and so loudly trumpeting their support for Ukraine?
                                                  Which reminds me - a couple of days ago, I came across a copy of the 'News Line' newspaper on a London bus. Interestingly, it supports Russia rather than Ukraine, mainly on the basis that the Ukrainian government is largely made up of right-wing nationalists (the paper mentioned the Azov organisation, which has been largely ignored by the rest of the Western media)

The paper does not appear to have an on-line version but it mentions the following website www.swp.org.uk which takes a similar, although less sensational, view of the war.
                                                  Last edited by Chris1963; 17-03-2022, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1963 View Post

Which reminds me - a couple of days ago, I came across a copy of the 'News Line' newspaper on a London bus. Interestingly, it supports Russia rather than Ukraine, largely on the grounds that the Ukrainian government is largely made up of Right-wing nationalists (the paper mentioned the Azov organisation, which has been largely ignored by the rest of the Western media)

National Corps* formed a coalition with three other right-wing parties during the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election, but failed to have any candidate elected to the Verkhovna Rada, and the coalition failed to achieve official party status as it only won a combined 2.15% of the nationwide electoral list vote, short of the required 5%.

*The core support base of the party are veterans of the neo-Nazi Azov Battalion, which is under the command of the National Guard of Ukraine, and members of the Azov Civil Corps, a civilian non-governmental organization affiliated with the Azov Battalion.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X