War in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
    And the Ottoman Empire lasted so long during WWI due to the incompetence of people like Churchill.

And Logistics.
    It’s called “supply chain management” these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      I am somewhat curious as to who the three most famous Swedes of the 20th c. would be.

My short list would include Garbo, both Bergmans, Wallenberg, Hammarskjöld, Palme, Borg, and the members of Abba
      For me it would be Robyn, Max Martin, and a list of hockey players.

Comment

Did you have any idea who Max Martin was in 1999?

Comment

Oh, I overlooked that 20th century qualifier.

But as it turns out, I had heard of Max Martin in 98 and 99. He had a string of enormous hits with boy bands, Celine Dion and Britney Spears and there was a lot of consternation among the easily consternated that he had almost single-handedly broken popular music.

But if it’s just the 20th, my favorite choices would be Hakan Loob, Mats Sundin, Ingemar Stenmark and/or maybe Ulf Samuelson and the Swedish Chef.
          Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 04-05-2022, 02:26.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1521818035807522817?t=akOED09tq6b4R263tc0Rsg&s=19

Comment

The problem here, of course, comes with flags of convenience - recently, Russian oil was transported to Ireland using the banner of St Kitts and Nevis, so unclear how legislation would tackle that particular issue.

Comment

These are the third country provisions.

The EU ban isn't dependent on flag of registry.

Comment

I know there are ways to obfuscate, Latvian Blend and so on, but this seems relatively easy to enforce given that we know exactly where tankers have been and there are only so many pipelines from Russia. I don't see what the registration of the ship has to do with it.

Comment

It's not all bad for Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      That's a fortune saved for them rather than lining the pockets of charlatans

Comment

You have to consider that there are many places so badly and chaotically run, that these people are sometimes quite useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

It’s called “supply chain management” these days.
                          We can call it what we like.

If it's shit, you lose.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post

We can call it what we like.

If it's shit, you lose.
                            I know about this because my dad was a professor of business logistics. Penn State reorganized and rebranded it into supply chain management in the late 90s.
                            But the Army still calls it logistics.

Comment

Apparently now it was 600 dead in the theatre bomb at the start of the Mariupol siège.

Sick, disgusting bastards. I dread the day this war becomes background news.

Comment

You in France?

Comment

This is an interesting read
                                  https://chytomo.com/en/question-of-russian-guilt/

​​

Comment

Indeed it is

The suggestion that mothers would have to come to Ukraine to pick up their POW sons is brilliant.

Comment

Yes, absolutely

Comment

Another Russian ship has spontaneously combusted.

https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1522584806390964230

Comment

There is no end to the suffering of the Ukrainian people

https://twitter.com/berdynskykh_k/status/1523263003277156355?s=21&t=znxkuPtSJRKG9ne1uwo4HA

Comment

That cunt just can't help himself. The only relief is we are reaching a stage where the puffed up wank in heels is pretty much unknown and an irrelevance to the under 30s, maybe even under 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                              That cunt just can't help himself. The only relief is we are reaching a stage where the puffed up wank in heels is pretty much unknown and an irrelevance to the under 30s, maybe even under 40s.
                                              Dunno, there's a lot of young people who think he's a total cunt.

I'd put the "missed u2" thing at 45 at least. Achtung baby was 1992, and they weren't really catching the attention of people in my school. It was stuff that your oldest brother or sister were into at that stage. Or if your parents started early, your mam or dad.
                                              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 08-05-2022, 12:31.

Comment

Aren't the Azov fighters holed up in Mariupol on the far right, a fact that's being omitted from coverage of their holdout? They're not fighting for the things the rest of Ukraine is.

Comment

That is an overly simplistic view of the current composition of the battalion

https://archive.ph/oFCee

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                    That is still a great album.

Their 2019 Joshua Tree anniversary tour sold more than 3.3m tickets. I suspect a large portion of those were for people under 40. People like me don’t go stadium shows in numbers that large.

It’s just unfortunate that it all went to his head.

Ideally, great musicians’ self-esteem would fall somewhere in between that of Bono and Nick Drake. Bruce Springsteen seems to have figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X