Misogyny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misogyny

I've searched but cannot find a thread. Is there one?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...droidApp_Other

To start with these are some of the views of the current PM.

No surprise here.

Comment

It's the poor men that I feel sorry for...

Comment

My mother would almost certainly have agreed.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1445645448077725698?s=21

Comment

Calling Raab as thick as pigshit is an insult to the pigshit.

Comment

Seriously? I mean seriously...!

Comment

The current standard is shockingly low, especially given their expensive private educations

Comment

Women being misogynist against men certainly is wrong but not in the sense he thinks it is

Comment

Maybe he was just being transphobic.

Comment

For one thing, hating men would be misandry.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        For one thing, hating men would be misandry.
                        Indeed. It's a word that comes up in our house quite a bit. Having had to live in Ireland for nigh on 80 years, my mam has decided to become more vocal in her misandry in her retirement. she'll be listening to some news event on the radio, and then shake her head and say "Bloody stupid men" and then cackle. the problem is she's usually not wrong. she picks her moments to pull out this card, and it's frequently impossible to argue with it on any level. To give an example, when Messi was leaving Barcelona, she was asking me to explain what had happened, and why he was leaving, and when asked to explain what happened at Barcelona over the last decade. I was at a loss at where to begin, in the knowledge that she didn't want the full answer, and the only way I could really sum it up, was "It absolutely kills me to say it, but basically it boils down to bloody stupid men, doing bloody stupid men things over a protracted period of time, but made worse by Mediterranean mammy's-boy Machismo and lashings of cocaine." I was worried that she was going to die laughing.

Comment

It's only misandry if it's unjustifiable prejudice. Describing men as "bloody stupid men" when they've done something bloody stupid is justifiable.

Otherwise I'd express a lot of misandry a lot of the time.

Comment

I feel like I don't really like men. Every now and then I've encountered women who identify as bi-sexual and yet are married to men. I find that hard to understand.

I mean, a lot of women are fucking terrible. Really terrible, but on the balance, it feels like women tend to be more pleasant and easier to deal with.

Comment

Yeah my closest friends in life have all been female. I'm not not a misandrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                                Yeah my closest friends in life have all been female. I'm not not a misandrist.
                                I found that to be the case after I was through my early twenties. Consequently my oldest friends tend to be male, my more recent ones female.

Comment

I've also always liked the gay men I've known more than the straight. I'm not a self-hating straight male, but I grew up around a lot of toxic straight-male stuff, then in college had my first exposure to openly gay men and found them easier to be around and get along with.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                    I've searched but cannot find a thread. Is there one?
                                    Hahahahaha

Comment

MsD it's been covered in other threads I know and I was sure there was one but obviously not.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha You're not a culprit, as far as I've ever seen, but this forum is often awash with misogyny and micro-aggressions, although less bad of late. I know not everyone agrees, this is just my opinion and my experience. Which is why I generally only contribute to the Mundane Thread these days. Not looking for sympathy or attention, either, *just sayin'".

Comment

Johnson manages the seemingly impossible and makes Priti Patel into a voice of reason (at least temporarily and on this issue alone)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Other

Comment

Feel this is very different to how male pundits are written about

Comment

You get the impression that some of them might have welcomed it.

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/986658589401141248

Comment

"Budgie smugglers." Now there's an excellent nickname that requires no explanation at all.

Comment

Well I learned something today, female staff and me have very different ideas of what flirting is.

Apparently yanking a lanyard of a girl, taking her belongings, rifling through her bag, taking her phone, pushing her in the chest and the back, and punching her hard enough to leave visible bruises are all signs of flirting. No wonder I wasn't successful with women in the UK.

I've reported the two staff who condoned this misogynistic behaviour. Nothing will happen to them.

I've got 6 days left and I'm calling this out vocally every day until I go, I've had enough of this casual violence that is directed at the female students in my school.

Apparently a year group of boys was warned today about their behaviour, but sadly the incidents listed were so specific that it clearly identified the student who raised this as an issue. How not to deal with misogynistic bullying and sexual harassment.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X