• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Womp.

Comment

They're reporting he's conceded.

Comment

Waiting to see how the people who punch left with "vote blue no matter who" react to this.

Comment

Meanwhile in LA County, our Sheriff (which is an elected office) is becoming increasingly more fascist.

https://twitter.com/JonnyPeltz/status/1526398565660053504

You might have heard of Villanueva a few weeks back saying that an LA Times journalist who received a video of Sheriffs' deputies kneeling on a inmate's neck for three minutes would be investigated for receiving stolen property, then later that day saying he never said that.

He's a constant source of bad publicity, but I don't have much hope that he will lose in the primary. We just have to see who is up against him in the general election. I just hope that the vote against him isn't so spread out that he makes it above 50% and is unopposed in November--that would be a disaster. He certainly does have a lot of supporters.

The Archdiocese of Los Angeles, perhaps suddenly recognizing a violation of tax law, says that Villanueva did not have permission to film a campaign ad in one of their churches.
          Last edited by Incandenza; 18-05-2022, 14:48.

Comment

Did he really say 'woman' and men?

Comment

Any good theories on how the mail-in vote will break in PA? Older people with familiarity with Oz from TV? That's my worry.

Comment

There will be a recount either way, as it is mandatory when the margin is 0.5% or less

Comment

The Philadelphia Democratic committee endorsed a challenger to my state representative, who is really just great, especially with constituent services. They also endorsed challengers to some other progressive Democratic incumbents, and all three won pretty handily. The guy who was the challenger in my district even had a paper trail of Trump-favorable social media posts. So glad that they got shown up.

Comment

Are they an old style machine or new style centrists?

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

Waiting to see how the people who punch left with "vote blue no matter who" react to this.
                      I don't know what you're talking about. Fetterman is a progressive on all the issues people care about. The centrist candidate Lamb never got much traction despite being favored by the state party leadership.

They aren't going to vote for fucking Dr. Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Are they an old style machine or new style centrists?
                        Old style. Also, the blue-collar unions endorsed the challengers, and I hate to say it, but they make it easy to dislike unions--they're socially conservative and often corrupt.

Comment

That's the Philly way.

Comment

In other news, my cousin who is a member of the Kentucky House of Representatives did not face a primary challenge yesterday, and neither did the Republican from that district.

Comment

CAGE REMATCH!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

I don't know what you're talking about. Fetterman is a progressive on all the issues people care about. The centrist candidate Lamb never got much traction despite being favored by the state party leadership.

They aren't going to vote for fucking Dr. Oz.
                                I saw a handful of terminally online Democrats on Twitter saying they'd never vote for Fetterman. Hopefully these people are just a small percentage of people who only interact with each other and don't have any influence.

Comment

They didn’t have any influence on the primary, certainly. Establishment Democrats didn’t support him, but they didn’t raise much money to stop him either.

He’s not the ideal candidate to appeal to Black voters, but I would have said the same about Biden and they turned out in great numbers for him. He’s also not the ideal guy to appeal to half-ass centrists who don’t like unions, weed or people stuck in jail.

I hate to be the purity police, but anyone who wouldn’t vote for him because he isn’t exactly their perfect candidate isn’t taking this crisis seriously and shouldn’t be taken seriously either.

I’m more panicked about governor. The GOP candidate is a full on fascist who will try to give the next election to Trump or his proxy. I’m not sure what could stop him.

However, most of his own party seems to think he’ll get crushed in the general election, so that’s somewhat encouraging.

Comment

Kenyatta's immediate pledge to work for Fetterman should help with the first group, though I think Inca is referring to the West Wing Cosplay Cohort - who hopefully aren't actually eligible in any numbers.

Comment

That’s the shitiest cosplay of all the cosplays.

Comment

https://twitter.com/cpaciolla/status/1527766722316484611?t=QngHZD0A8ly80mdBRqyl5w&s=19

Comment

They both look like the wax model of ray liotta, when anthony hopkins is scooping out his brain for dinner in Hannibal. Why do people do this to themselves?
                                          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 20-05-2022, 23:43.

Comment

So that they can do worse to us

Comment

Whatever happened to the spirit of "That thing on your head is a phony, and it looks like the tail of a pony"?

Comment

Big Hair Plug made sure that never made it out of emigrant communities over here

Comment

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1528901079538311169?s=21&t=yIAAvqKBpxjAfQtmMNtlwg

Comment

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1529253815979249664?t=Hp0qIoAgC1wsj36aeqzzpw&s=19

Comment

Working...
                                                    X