No announcement yet.

The Laboratories of Democracy: US state and local politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1567637603750449152?s=20&t=OpSjYW1hzvlFvMszMEN7ew

Comment

According to ABC news, 60% of Republican candidates, for various offices this fall, are election deniers regarding the 2020 presidential election. Astonishing!

Comment

I wish that it was

As the degree of denialism is directly proportional to GOP domination of the jurisdiction, the proportion that will be elected will be higher, so we have that going for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          I wish that it was

As the degree of denialism is directly proportional to GOP domination of the jurisdiction, the proportion that will be elected will be higher, so we have that going for us.
          Uranus, what I’ve never understood regarding the election deniers etc, if the election was indeed “rigged”, why did they only rig the presidential election? Why didn’t they also rig it so that the Democrats had a massive majority in the House.

Comment

Uranus!

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post

Uranus, what I’ve never understood regarding the election deniers etc, if the election was indeed “rigged”, why did they only rig the presidential election? Why didn’t they also rig it so that the Democrats had a massive majority in the House.
              Love this autocorrect

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post

You are assuming rationality, which is always a mistake with this cohort.

A majority of the election deniers were themselves elected in the very same election, using the very same ballots.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Love this autocorrect
                  Shit. I just spotted that. . Bloody autocorrect!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

You are assuming rationality, which is always a mistake with this cohort.

A majority of the election deniers were themselves elected in the very same election, using the very same ballots.
                    You’re absolutely correct, I had been assuming rationality.

Comment

No worries

You've sorted my name change, should I ever be so inclined

Comment

The lack of rationality always makes me wonder how many of these people actually believe the bullshit and how many just perform it to win elections. My guess is that over 75% of those elected Republicans don’t actually think the 2020 election was fraudulent. But they say it because that’s what their constituents want to hear.

Comment

It may well be higher than that.

Im quite confident that none of the Senators believe it, though I can provide no assurance as to Luke's of Greene or Gohmert.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Love this autocorrect
                            Mine always corrects him to Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Mine always corrects him to Jesus.
                              WOM, if he starts getting delusions of grandeur regaling your auto correct, let me know and I’ll bring him back down to earth with my auto correct.

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/devlinbarrett/status/1569801596371963907?s=21&t=1Hba4CYFZtZiNbzd5WjhuQ

Comment

Couldn't Favre pay for that with money from down the back of his sofa?

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                      Couldn't Favre pay for that with money from down the back of his sofa?
                                      Of course he could, but rich people don't like paying for anything with their own money, they just like it to sit there, so that they can stay rich.

Comment

Just as former Red Sox (Diamondbacks, Phillies) pitcher Curt Schilling had to fleece the state of Rhode Island for USD 75 million for his video game company.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jbview/status/1569926728742748161?s=20&t=4xuwY5gFXCpTcESj3LYtPg

Comment

Yes... but... I still really wish that the Democrats hadn't got involved. In NH as in many other places, they were sticking their oars in to try and get more extremist, trumpier opponents for the general election on the assumption that they'll be easier to beat. Apparently forgetting how gleeful they were at having Trump as opponent in 2016. It may be good to have bad opponents, but if the bad opponent still wins then we're even more fucked than before. I really hope Democrat interference hasn't created an even more extreme House and Senate for next year.

That said, I would be surprised if Hassan loses the NH Senate seat given how little cash Bolduc has and how useless he appears to have been so far - not just Trumpy but also just useless.

Comment

Given the current Republican caucus and leadership, I think it is delusional to believe that anyone elected on that line is going to somehow result in the country being less fucked.

Comment

That's fair. I still feel nervous about the gamesmanship, spending money to promote the candidate you think is worse. It feels like it's tempting fate.

Comment

I am not a huge fan of it either, but it is rather far down on the list of beef that I have with the party leadership.

Comment

I noticed today while researching eugenics in California that Kamala Harris was AG when victims were writing to her office requesting compensation and being ignored (compensation was only agreed in 2020).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X