UK Supply Chain Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
    They are the Carling Black Label of crisps for me. If I'm in a pub and fancy a bag of crisps, it's always a disappointment, to the extent of considering not bothering, to find they only have Walkers. I'm happy with almost anything else, including Mr Tayto, which seem to be about as far away from including actual potatoes as it's possible to be.
    Walkers are dreadful aren't they? The best were Brannigans which had a flavour which lasted long in the mouth, even after several pints of Guinness but sadly KP stopped making them last year. Seabrook are good with their different flavours.

Comment

I like Mackies. Back when I lived in the Metropolis and not this fly-blown exurb the posh overpriced supermarket in Smithfield sold big bags of Mackies Haggis crisps. Lovely stuff.

Comment

My crisp choices are juvenile. Rib'n'Saucy NikNaks mainly. Despite the lack of Walkers on the shale vessels yesterday thy had Worcester Sauce French Fries for the first time in months. They are one of the few crisps Mrs Thistle can eat so she was delighted when I brought home 3 multipacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          My crisp choices are juvenile. Rib'n'Saucy NikNaks mainly. Despite the lack of Walkers on the shale vessels yesterday thy had Worcester Sauce French Fries for the first time in months. They are one of the few crisps Mrs Thistle can eat so she was delighted when I brought home 3 multipacks.

It took me a while to figure out what you were saying there. I genuinely thought that you'd gone for some sort of trip around Cardiff Bay on a converted freighter or something!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

It took me a while to figure out what you were saying there. I genuinely thought that you'd gone for some sort of trip around Cardiff Bay on a converted freighter or something!
            One for the crossword thread ...

Comment

Thanks Nocturnal Submission - some idiosyncratic autocorrect at work there. Should have said "on the shelves"

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                I like Mackies. Back when I lived in the Metropolis and not this fly-blown exurb the posh overpriced supermarket in Smithfield sold big bags of Mackies Haggis crisps. Lovely stuff.
                Got some of those on our recent trip to Scotland. Bloody amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  I feel that I should send you a care package.

Comment

Haha if I actually get over to that there Scotland in January I'll have a rucksack just for Mackies, tins of veggie haggis and tins of Barrs Cream Soda and pineappleade (if the pissy Embra airport Smiths sells em).

Comment

Regular gas is GBP 1.19 a liter. It is significantly impacting Joe Biden's approval rating.

Comment

Which is a true but ridiculous situation in the US - basically, when the economy is going well demand is high and therefore petrol prices go up and the public turns against the government...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post

Walkers are dreadful aren't they? The best were Brannigans which had a flavour which lasted long in the mouth, even after several pints of Guinness but sadly KP stopped making them last year. Seabrook are good with their different flavours.
                          Walkers' cheese and onion flavour is the best crisp ever and I will go upriver and get out of the boat on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                            Which is a true but ridiculous situation in the US - basically, when the economy is going well demand is high and therefore petrol prices go up and the public turns against the government...
                            The right to drive hideously inefficient vehicles for next to no fuel costs is in the Constitution, as I understand it.

Comment

Americans have to drive big vehicles otherwise how can they carry around all their ammo?

Comment

Also Jesus loves big trucks. That's why he puts his name on so many bumper stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                  Ay up Wouter, not seen you for a while, how's things?
                                  Cheers, thanks, I'm doing okay. Metaphorically sick of this pandemic, but who isn't?

I've been away for a while, simply because I realized that I spent too much time online. I decided to spend substantially more time outside, which works wonders for my mental wellbeing. Four out of five stars (docking one star because it rains sometimes), can recommend.

But I'm not gone. This remains one of the best places on the internet, so I'll keep on lurking.

Comment

Americans have to drive big vehicles otherwise how can they carry around all their ammo?
                                    Americans have to have bigger trucks because everyone else in America has really big trucks and therefore the roads are really dangerous if you’re in a small vehicle, or even just the kind of truck that would have looked big 10 years ago.

There is nothing even slightly perverse about this logic.

My current favourite crisps in the US are probably the Maui sweet onion flavours from Deep River or Hawaiian. I also retain a very soft spot for the super mainstream Cheddar and Sour Cream flavour of Ruffles.

Comment

Further the love for Mackie's crisps here. They often have them in my local Aldi.

My wife wasn't a fan though. Complained they taste too much like potatoes...

Comment

Jamon Jamon Rufflés (or was it Lays?) in Spain were sooo much better than bacon crisps, still hanker for em.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                          ...or even just the kind of truck that would have looked big 10 years ago.
                                          I saw a mid '90s Saturn wagon last week - in absolutely immaculate condition - that looked so absurdly small that it was almost comical. If they sold them now, I'll bet most people would think 'what am I going to fit in that?'

Comment

That said, my truck is about the size of the Pontiac sedans my dad always had and which I learned to drive in. But now it's considered a pretty big vehicle.

Comment

"sedan" is estate, right?

Comment

No hang on, that's "station wagon" isn't it? "Sedan" might be saloon then.

Comment

Correct. And a shooting brake is just silly.

Comment

There is a shortage of ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X