Cuo-No-Mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuo-No-Mo

Here's hoping that the title doesn't jinx the outcome, but it is starting to look like he may not be able to string this out to impeachment after all.

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1422665450173997067?s=21

https://twitter.com/zackfinknews/status/1422668450074398721?s=21

Collateral damage

https://twitter.com/juliareinstein/status/1422667488710496257

Comment

Surely CNN are going to come under huge pressure to change their position?

Comment

Who have guessed that dynastic politics wouldn't turn out well?

Comment

His brother is a side show and CNN is far from a pillar of journalistic principles.

The focus is very much on the Governor, and people are queuing up to stab him in the front, as can happen when you have spent your career stabbing others in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              His brother is a side show and CNN is far from a pillar of journalistic principles.

The focus is very much on the Governor, and people are queuing up to stab him in the front, as can happen when you have spent your career stabbing others in the back.
              Don't ever take sides against my brother again

Comment

https://twitter.com/aaronAcarr/status/1420174368253087747?s=20

Comment

"Wake me up before you Cuomo"

Comment

Is cronyism and financial bad practice worse in contemporary politics, or is just harder to hide given the never-ending news, gossip, and rumour cycle these days?

Comment

I don't think we are at Gilded Age levels yet, but it has gotten worse over my lifetime.

I think that reflects both the fact that running for public office has become so distasteful that the field is increasingly limited to dynastic chaff and grifters and because it increasingly seems possible to get away with it for years (as has Cuomo).

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                        Is cronyism and financial bad practice worse in contemporary politics, or is just harder to hide given the never-ending news, gossip, and rumour cycle these days?
                        You would think it is harder to hide, but - unfortunately - the majority of people do not seem to care. Not sure if their expectations are so downtrodden it is a case of "well of course he gave the contract to a friend" or that the majority of people don't often vote for Governor, so they represent maybe 25% of the eligible voters.

I mean - Blagojevich reckons he might run for office again. It is really the dregs.

Comment

In 1996, when I was over visiting a friend of mine in New York, we went for dinner at his aunt's flat and as we were going in the door, he pointed across the corridor, and said "That's where Mario Cuomo lives." Now the apartment I was about to go into, was owned by someone who was the head of an entire division of a major investment bank, which had the initials M S. and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be in such an obviously expensive apartment again in my lifetime, but it did occur to me as I looked across at brooklyn, that I wasn't sure that someone who was ostensibly a public servant for most of his life, should have an apartment that was the same as this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            In 1996, when I was over visiting a friend of mine in New York, we went for dinner at his aunt's flat and as we were going in the door, he pointed across the corridor, and said "That's where Mario Cuomo lives." Now the apartment I was about to go into, was owned by someone who was the head of an entire division of a major investment bank, which had the initials M S. and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be in such an obviously expensive apartment again in my lifetime, but it did occur to me as I looked across at brooklyn, that I wasn't sure that someone who was ostensibly a public servant for most of his life, should have an apartment that was the same as this.
                            Did this guy share your given name, perchance?

Comment

No I'm fairly sure it was Uncle bob, who had no connections to Ireland, but we were there to visit Aunt Mary-Catherine and he wasn't there. I'm fairly sure that it was MS, though I do remember being told though that on september the eleventh he was hightailing it out of his office as fast as he could when the second plane hit above him, if that helps narrow down which major bank it was.

Comment

That would have been MS

Comment

Oh, I was on the right bank but the wrong guy. Thinking about it 1996 might have been too soon for his star to have risen to that level.

Comment

[https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/1423017120498081801?s=21

Comment

That's up there in cringe terms with "Scots rocker David Byrne", as the Daily Record unfailingly referred to him. But that was the Effin Daily Ranger rag, not the supposed Irish Paper of Record.

Comment

If anyone happens to care about this and has half an hour to spare, I very much recommend this discussion between two of our best (and most well-connected) political observers.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...AAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

Among the topics discussed are the possibility of him running as a third party candidate on the Women's Equality Party ticket (yes, really) and he shacking up with his brother Chris (he hasn't had a residence other than the Governor's Mansion since he got divorced).

But most of it is more substantive and interesting.

Comment

It would help a lot if Errol Louis could find somewhere to record other than a small water closet.

Comment

Bro moves to the Midwest and immediately forgets the space constraints of NYC real estate

Comment

There has to be some way to engineer that echo out! A go fund me for a better mic - something...

Comment

Stereo bores never die, they just move to upscale suburbs

Comment

After 48 hours, the Governor got his designer brother in law to send out a supportive tweet.

That's going about as well as one would expect.

https://twitter.com/yuhline/status/1423462482207727619?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                  X