Two Truths, One Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Truths, One Lie

They've been doing this at work a lot for "get to know your team" sessions, and I thought it might make a good thread.

Basic premise: I'll make three statements about myself. Two are truths, one is a lie. Whoever guesses correctly has to post their own three statements.

Now, you guys already know far too much about me, so I'm picking three statements from childhood that I don't think I've previously mentioned on here (but can't be certain).

1. I have a level 5 trampolining certificate.
    2. My party trick used to be playing London's Burning simultaneously on two treble recorders, one with each nostril.
    3. When I was seven, I had my left eyeball removed, stitched and replaced in its socket (during an operation).

Which one is the lie? You can ask for further details on any of the statements if you wish.

Wild guess - I don't think you can trampoline.

Comment

I'll guess number 2

Comment

I thought you'd mentioned #3 in the past, or maybe I dreamt it.

Comment

I’m going for the eyeball

Comment

Number 2, but I wouldn't be disappointed to be wrong.

Comment

I'll guess number 1 is the lie (after Chris J). "London's Burning" is too believable, I can hear the awful recorder sound now.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                I'll guess number 1 is the lie (after Chris J). "London's Burning" is too believable, I can hear the awful recorder sound now.
                If London’s burning is true we demand an otf. Concert

Comment

I've had #3. And so has my wife.

Comment

#1 is the lie, I reckon
                    I used to do this in Madrid with new groups of adult learners "I speak 5 languages" and include 'Scottish'

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                      #1 is the lie, I reckon
                      I used to do this in Madrid with new groups of adult learners "I speak 5 languages" and include 'Scottish'
                      Do you wish to draw the wrath of Lang Spoon upon yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

Do you wish to draw the wrath of Lang Spoon upon yourself?
                        Well used to dealing with angry Fifers

Comment

No 2 is an obvious fib.

Comment

Tsk, I'm a pussycat. Going for 2 as well.

Comment

Number one

(Number two would only be worth lying about if one nostril was the TV show and the other "campfire's burning"…)
                              Last edited by Guy Profumo; 27-05-2021, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                Wild guess - I don't think you can trampoline.
                                ChrisJ got it straight off the bat. I did do trampolining lessons, but only got as far as my level 1 certificate, not level 5. Level 1 trampolining involves doing tuck jumps, pike jumps, straddle jumps, and being able to drop to the mat a variety of ways and bounce back up (e.g. bounce on knees, bounce sitting, or land flat on your front and bounce back up).

The other two facts are disturbingly true.

ChrisJ's turn to give two truths, one lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                  I thought you'd mentioned #3 in the past, or maybe I dreamt it.
                                  I might have done. It's quite hard to think of things that I haven't ever posted about on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

If London’s burning is true we demand an otf. Concert
                                    Fortunately, for all involved, I no longer have the treble recorders (they may still be at my mum's house, not sure).

Comment

You never specified which " London's Burning " it was, I hope it's the Clash song.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                        You never specified which " London's Burning " it was, I hope it's the Clash song.

That was London Calling, mate.

Comment

Comment

I like the fact that you felt the need to clarify that #3 was during an operation and not some playground horseplay

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

That was London Calling, mate.
                                              Last track, side one from the first album. I'll admit my joke was a little obscure.

Comment

Last track, side one from the first album. I'll admit my joke was a little obscure.

No, your joke was fine. I just replied without properly engaging my brain!

Comment

Sadly not. Just the standard "campfire's burning" version.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X