Noel Clarke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noel Clarke

I'd honestly never heard of him before, having watched absolutely none of the shows he's acted in or the films/shows he's created. So, ITV cancelling the last episode of Viewpoint didn't have much impact on me.

But this morning I read The Guardian's account of how he sexually harassed at least 20 women and then saw a youtube video of him recounting how John Barrowman sexually harassed co-workers. Both are horrible, but the youtube video is something you can only be subjected to once, the audience laughing and the other panellists looking extremely uncomfortable is chilling.

It's so upsetting that manipulative f*ckers get away with this stuff. They're everywhere. I've not encountered this kind of behaviour in the schools I've worked in, but in the UK quango I worked at for over 10 years, it was rampant and even worse when I worked in Portugal, where it seemed an accepted aspect of the working environment.
    Last edited by steveeeeeeeee; 01-05-2021, 15:23.

I read that article yesterday and the sheer weight of testimony is quite overwhelming. I'm similarly astonished that he got away with it for so long. There are reports today that the Met Police are investigating 'a complaint' but even if there's no prosecution (which seems unlikely in the current climate), his career is seriously fucked - possibly beyond retrieval. And a good thing too. So much for the guy tipped by many to be the next Dr Who.

Comment

Working...
    X