Should I go back to double denim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I go back to double denim?

At the request of caja-dglh I'm asking the good folks of OTF to help me decide on a fashion conundrum. As glimpsed on the way we were thread I wore double denim as a teenager. Should I go back to that light blue jeanswear life?
    Yes, do it, do it, do it
    42.42%
    Careful now
    24.24%
    OHGOODGODNO!!
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 22-04-2021, 07:24.

More information required, will it be a denim shirt, jacket or waistcoat? If jacket will it have a faded Rainbow Rising patch?

Comment

Can you Irish dance?

https://youtu.be/UvjLgjtJKsc
      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 21-04-2021, 13:38.

Comment

As a part-time Canadian, it's almost expected of you. Also, the new HBC Olympic team wear almost demands that you pair a funky, modified denim jacket with jeans.

Comment

Go for it!

Helen Love endorses the DD look.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            At the request of caja-dglh I'm asking the good folks of OTF to help me decide on a fashion conundrum. As glimpsed on the way we were thread I wore double denim as a teenager. Should I go back to that light blue jeanswear life?
            Do you want to?

There you go then.

Comment

Patrick Thistle, I think you posted a photo a while back of you and Mrs Patrick Thistle in double denim. You were young, and in love, and it was a beautiful snapshot.

The clobber was bloody fucking awful, mind.

Comment

Whatever you want
                Whatever you like
                Whatever you say
                You pay your money
                You take your choice

Comment

Denim's out for me; stretchy walking trousers are where it's at for me these days, man.

Comment

Just looking at old pictures of Status Quo, while Rick Parfitt was fond of the Canadian tuxedo, Francis Rossi tended to prefer the white shirt/ waistcoat look.

Comment

Teutonic tuxedo, surely?

Comment

I've heard both used

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                          Denim's out for me; stretchy walking trousers are where it's at for me these days, man.
                          These do come in denim. Any Walmart, Saturday, 2:30pm.

Comment

I cannot endorse any sartorial choice that brings back psychologically damaging memories of B*Witched.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hated them. For about 20 minutes.

You asked for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjLgjtJKsc

Also, they have different coloured tops and bottoms. With or without the most unIrish thing ever said "Get a loife". (Until she says "whadareuloike?")
                              Last edited by Gerontophile; 21-04-2021, 20:43.

Comment

3 Colours Red I hate you so much right now.

Comment

" I can fight like me da" God, we're so proud of them.

Comment

I think leaving out that you were going to also work on a performance mullet is holding this back from a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                      I think leaving out that you were going to also work on a performance mullet is holding this back from a majority.
                                      Baby steps Caja

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                        3 Colours Red I hate you so much right now.
                                        Think you'll find that one's Kelis, not B*Witched.

Comment

Just the 8 hours 45 then...you lot are slipping.

Comment

Much like double leather, if it's tight and worn down through continuous wearing, it looks cool, if it's baggy and fresh off the peg, it looks sh*t.

Comment

I was concerned that PT specified the light blue life. The wash of denim chosen could be a bigger factor in the advisability or otherwise of this course of action than the doubling itself.

Are acid wash and snow wash denim still available?

Comment

OK, you mentalists.

The question is "Should I go back to double denim?" The short answer is 'no'.

The long answer is "Fucking hell, what age are you? Incoming Jeremy Clarkson, or Tweed-skirt wearing Scottish islander, who can't let go?

Or: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                  Incoming Jeremy Clarkson,
                                                  Now, jeans with a blazer are infinitely worse than double denim.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X