No announcement yet.

Northern Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discordant Resonance as well as the London-EU talks you mention, London and Dublin will just rubber-stamp the Language Deal. Donaldson will presumably then be Pootsched in his turn for failing to stop it*

ursus arctos I think they recognise their problem but are too embarrassed to admit to it

* I will be showing willing by reidentifying as Donnchadh. Or possibly as Gwilym ap Tomos,
    Velvel To'am, Tamas Vilmos etc. I've mentioned elsewhere the imminent end of Belfast's Jewish community and there are only pockets of Magyar and Gymraeg, but on the Carnmoney autobus I've heard much more conversation in Polsku than Gaelige. All spellings are approximate etc

Apologies if I've inadvertently blocked someone and missed helpful insight as a result

Comment

I think they recognise their problem but are too embarrassed to admit to it
      Is this the case with the Young Earth Creationism as well?

If one accepts that as genuine belief, believing that the Tories will come around isn't a stretch at all.

Comment

Unionists- even on the DUP's fundi wing- knew in 2016 that Brexit meant a border and it wasn't going to run through Puckoon*

They could have voted Remain, but as NI Unionists are barely 1% of the Brit electorate it wouldn't have changed the result

* my mate in the village (Belleek by name, bleak by nature in real life) has reassured that postal deliveries and delicatessen are still getting through. So this isn't about trading bureaucracy any more than languages nobody speaks. We're just skirting around the awkward reality that these people feel they're being forced out of their country. The reaction will likely be angry, not just reality denying

Ps it's not really about religious mania either. Paisley junior (who went to my school) is by various accounts an atheist. Even the cultists don't believe

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          They seem incapable of recognising that Johnson has thrown them under the bus, even as he repeatedly reverses over them
          That's as good as the other phrase I just saw about the Tories "If you think the deaths and fear would stop them restarting domestic terrorism for a quick buck you're simply not paying attention."

Comment

And Donaldson is duly confirmed as leader sans contest.

Comment

Fucking hell

https://twitter.com/global_witness/status/1409415650339078144?s=21

Comment

The bonfires seem to get more phallic by the year:

https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/1411597422187487233

https://twitter.com/PatriciaOLynn/status/1411800683880255490
                Last edited by Discordant Resonance; 05-07-2021, 12:37.

Comment

One good thing about these bonfires is that they teach you about the iconography of fringe groups that you've never heard of before. What flag is Blue and features the plough?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    One good thing about these bonfires is that they teach you about the iconography of fringe groups that you've never heard of before. What flag is Blue and features the plough?
                    I thought it was the EU.

I'm more concerned on what they've got against Colombia, the pallets look like the gold, blue and red of their flag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starry_Plough_(flag)

Comment

Think I first saw it when the INLA and IRSP were knocking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                          The old Irish Labour emblem until the Spring era - dates back to the Citizen Army.

Comment

There's also Alaska

Comment

I didn't realise the starry plough was obscure.
                              Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 05-07-2021, 15:28.

Comment

I've only ever seen the green one with the sword

Comment

Jeez Berba,I thought you were a Labour man, and you've never seen the blue starry plough.

Comment

I'm not that old. I've only seen that flag in black and white photos

Comment

I don't know what the Irish Labour Party did to the people of Larne anyway

Comment

Working...
                                      X