No announcement yet.

Well He Ain't Getting A Telegram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just looks like a bad Photoshop job with all the artistic filters turned up to 11.

Comment

You think that is bad, I've seen one with Phillip wearing angel wings and ascending the steps to Heaven where Captain Tom is waiting for him.

Captain Tom is still 100 years old and with his Zimmer frame, which if I was him in Heaven would piss me right off.

Comment

That has always been my problem with the concept of heaven. Are you the you that you are at the age you die? Which would really suck if you're really old for all eternity. And wouldn't that mean that there'd be an imperative to die when you're young and healthy? But if you're not the you that you are at the point of death, which version are you? I am very clearly not the same person that I was when I was 28 or 18 or 8 years old.

Comment

This is what we're getting from local Tories. https://twitter.com/stevecharmley/status/1381581348167630855

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            You think that is bad, I've seen one with Phillip wearing angel wings and ascending the steps to Heaven where Captain Tom is waiting for him.

Captain Tom is still 100 years old and with his Zimmer frame, which if I was him in Heaven would piss me right off.
            Phil has to be 100 in that Diana picture because young phillip was an absolute wolf, and it would absolutely look like he was going to drop the hand

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Comment

So Sky censored the pretty tame Prince Philip bit from the opening minutes of 'Last Week Tonight' which aired over here this evening . Full version below :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-04-2021, 23:41.

Comment

A few questions. How the hell are those tiny wings meant to lift Philip? It looks like he just mugged a seagull on the way up. Why is Captain Tom floating just above the second from top step, rather than standing on the top one, like any sensible person? Is he just showing off? And how come he hasn't been let in yet anyway? If they're taking two months to decide whether Captain Tom gets in, then Philip's going to be waiting for fucking ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                    And how come he hasn't been let in yet anyway?
                    He's only just reached the top of the staircase with his walking frame, because the management of Heaven apparently didn't think to install a ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                      A few questions. How the hell are those tiny wings meant to lift Philip? It looks like he just mugged a seagull on the way up. Why is Captain Tom floating just above the second from top step, rather than standing on the top one, like any sensible person? Is he just showing off? And how come he hasn't been let in yet anyway? If they're taking two months to decide whether Captain Tom gets in, then Philip's going to be waiting for fucking ever.
                      Nah, he’ll unceremoniously breeze straight through to the executive lounge, sending Major Tom careering as he sweeps past him.

(Assuming that that’s possible under these circumstances.)

Comment

And why do the gates have crowns on? The Crown Estate owns heaven?

Comment

Apparently each member of our esteemed House of Lords received almost two hundred quid "attendance allowance" for their heartfelt three-minute tributes to the Duke yesterday on Zoom. That's the same as a fortnight's Universal Credit for one of his loyal subjects. There can surely be no better example of how rotten our political system is.
                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 13-04-2021, 09:58.

Comment

Can 'Sire' be used for any nob, or is it (as I had thought) only used to address Kings?

P.S. Tom there looks like his right hand wheel is about to send him over the side.

Comment

Everyone involved in making or disseminating that image (Snake excepted) should not be allowed to vote. Or leave the fucking house.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                Can 'Sire' be used for any nob, or is it (as I had thought) only used to address Kings?
                                It just makes me think of cattle. Are female monarchs respectfully addressed as dams/heifers?

Comment

I think anyone you owe a feu to is Sire, surely?

Comment

Will the Bundesliga get a higher TV audience than usual on Saturday? Five games kick off at 2.30pm. No televised domestic football between 2.15 and 5.30 AFAIK, or channels doing score updates (no EPL, EFL, etc).

Comment

Meanwhile it's good to know that grief is not stopping Her Maj from getting on with her vital work for the nation:

The Queen carries out first duty since Prince Philip's death - BBC News

Comment

Well if she's able to carry on, surely the rest of us can manage?

Comment

Is he still dead? I'm thinking of ending my retirement from alcohol at 3pm on Saturday

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                              https://twitter.com/Autistic_Ace/status/1381418254107701248

Comment

What's the question marks for, is he not sure that he's dead.?

Comment

Don't know elguapo but the key issues are getting resolved tonight.

No Admiral Shirt for Andrew

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1382436576643387396?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                                    And why do the gates have crowns on? The Crown Estate owns heaven?
                                                    There are Fleurs-de-lys on the gateposts. Captain Tom's not greeting Phil. Oh no, he's warning him to go back because the place is run by the bloody French!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X