"Alright Liz! Want a can?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Alright Liz! Want a can?"

Sixteen quid to picnic in Buckingham Palace Gardens. I've got a picnic rug, a crate of Stella and a tray of Ginster's baked slices, I'm there

https://www.rct.uk/visit/buckingham-palace

Aren't UK taxpayers already paying for these gardens? Where (and to whom) does your 16 quid go? And is that 16 quid each? Bloody hell

Comment

Time to crowdfund a visit from some of those energetic young residents of Belfast

Comment

Aren't Buck House and Balmoral her own gaffs?

It's Windsor Castle that we own isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
          Aren't Buck House and Balmoral her own gaffs?

It's Windsor Castle that we own isn't it?
          Yes, when she had a fire there, our rates* went up the following year as she didn't have the right insurance. Or any, I can't remember.

*The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            Sixteen quid to picnic in Buckingham Palace Gardens. I've got a picnic rug, a crate of Stella and a tray of Ginster's baked slices, I'm there

https://www.rct.uk/visit/buckingham-palace
            Wasps supplied by Royal Appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post

Wasps supplied by Royal Appointment.
              WASPs are more likely to be let in.

Comment

Do London schoolchildren get dragged around Buckingham Palace on a day trip at some point? Is that a thing?

Comment

Don't know. When I was at a Cambridge school our trips to London included:
                  - a trip to a big white gurdwara
                  - a trip to a synagogue and a tour of Jewish London
                  - a trip that was supposed to be to a Jewish museum but the teachers got the day wrong, it was closed and we ended up with the students having a day out in Camden market while the teachers went to the pub

Comment

In response to the OP, I am now imagining our Britannic Majesty saying to me "not half, mate", necking half a can in one go, wiping her mouth on the back of the white silk glove she wears to meet people and saying "hobbes was right, you know" before winking and regally waddling away.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                      Do London schoolchildren get dragged around Buckingham Palace on a day trip at some point? Is that a thing?
                      Are you kidding! All proles are strictly vetted prior to entering the sacred sanctum. Random dirty little oiks wandering around are definitely Non-U.

Comment

Bah. I opened thread thinking the useless bastard had at least abdicated

ursus arctos no thanks, we've enough spides here as it is

Comment

Working...
                        X