X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watt's next?

https://www.theguardian.com/business...box=1617130602

Volkswagen to rebrand as "Voltswagen".

I'm not quick enough to come up with the next pun.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 30-03-2021, 20:36.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56582567

they get earlier every year

Comment

A cynical observer might think that it's convenient to float the idea today, see that the global reaction has been terrible, and have a built in excuse to row it back.

Comment

Nah

Never had a chance with the NRW political class that retains an effective veto over VW's major corporate decisions

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          A cynical observer might think that it's convenient to float the idea today, see that the global reaction has been terrible, and have a built in excuse to row it back.
          A switch if they find people are resistors?

Comment

Ohm my word this was a ridiculous idea. Some Henry in advertising (not the brightest spark by the sounds of it) reckons that somehow VW needs to be kept current, it goes wrong and they have to do a complete volt-face.

Comment

Ohm my god, that's a terrible joke.

Comment

Will these cars carry the same number of passengers or will they have a different capacitor?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Nah

Never had a chance with the NRW political class that retains an effective veto over VW's major corporate decisions
                  How is that influence exerted UA?

Comment

A significant block of shares, board seats and the institutional shadow of the longtime presence of a Golden share that gave the Land a genuine veto

Comment

The wiki entry talks about Lower Saxony having equity but doesn’t say anything about NRW. Odd.

Comment

Brain fade on my part

Niedersachsen, not Nordrhein-Westfalen

It isn't as if I don't know what state Wolfsburg is in

Comment

Interestingly (or not) VAG have had a major part in the move to BEVs with firstly Dieselgate and now the pretty huge amount of money thrown at the ID series, the Porsche Taycan, the Audi E-Tron series, Skoda Enyaq, Cupra Born and the old E-Golf and E Up triplets.

Pity Toyota have, until very recently, pissed away their advantage on FCEVs (they simply don't work for cars) as I suspect many people would be falling over themselves to buy a decent Toyota EV.

Comment

Working...
                          X