No announcement yet.

Hooray for Holyrood! – Scottish Parliament Elections 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for Lang Spoon, SNP hold in Kirkcaldy.

Comment

My former Akela an'a.

Comment

Labour hold Dumbarton, so looks like the overall majority isn't happening.

Comment

Baillie wins on recount?

Comment

https://twitter.com/BallotBoxScot/status/1390755400572624904

Comment

That first count was roobish, then

Comment

There was no recount, just bollocks rumours I think.

Comment

The recount chat came from Sky News's James Matthews it seems.

Difficult to see a route to an SNP majority now, maybe if they sneak Aberdeenshire West but that seems a long shot. All about the Greens on the list now I suppose.

Comment

For me that's the best outcome, keep the Nats honest, maybe get some proper land reform.

Comment

The SNP has got rid of some of its worst bigots. Salmond is a massive failure. Now if the Greens have done the business on the list, it will be a decent outcome.

Comment

It's amazing the Hot Takes from the U.K. media, that not getting an overall majority in a non FPTP system specifically designed to avoid majorities will constitute Failure For Sturgeon. I haven't gone near that vampire cunt Rentoul's Twitter yet, can only imagine the wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          For me that's the best outcome, keep the Nats honest, maybe get some proper land reform.
                          Yes, definitely. I went Green on both ballots, there was some excitable chat around a month ago that Harvie could push new SNP candidate close in the constituency vote but that seems to have died down.

Talk of land reform brings Andy Wightman to mind - standing on the list in Highlands and Islands after his trans-curious episode led to his expulsion from the Greens. Doubt he's got the name recognition he perhaps thinks he has.

Comment

A real shame he turned out to be a bit of a roaster.

Comment

It's amazing the Hot Takes from the U.K. media, that not getting an overall majority in a non FPTP system specifically designed to avoid majorities will constitute Failure For Sturgeon. I haven't gone near that vampire cunt Rentoul's Twitter yet, can only imagine the wrongness.
                              Aye, they're beyond taking seriously now. BBC Breakfast focussing on the Tory triumph FPTP win in Hartlepool while next item is the failure of SNP to take Dumbarton etc. Looked at through FPTP lens, SNP win is massive.

Comment

A real shame he turned out to be a bit of a roaster.
                                Aye, very disappointing. His land reform work was genuinely excellent.

Comment

I'm glad I contributed to his crowdfunder defence against that bullshit defamation case, but what a pisspoor end (unless he somehow gets in on the list).

Comment

Fuck him.

Comment

Do we have confirmation of McAlpine's demise?

Comment

There's three South of Scotland constituencies to declare (2 SNP, 1 Tory), the SNP won three list seats last time and are currently up two in terms of constituencies (Ayr and East Lothian).

So McAlpine's gone if either the SNP win all three remaining seats, or win two of them and lose enough off the list to fail to pick up a seat.

Comment

Still touch and go about the final SNP tally (currently 54), but with 10 constituencies to go, 64 seems the probable final total (8 safe constituencies, perhaps two list seats).

Comment

oh, hang on, that's all wrong - McAlpine's second on the list. The Tories have just held Galloway so Emma Harper, the first on the list, lost her constituency. So that's good news.

Comment

Ran the numbers on the current list vote for the five declared seats and assuming the SNP hold their two remaining constituencies, they currently won't pick up a single list seat (though they're very close to picking up one).

Comment

Yes, the SNP could maybe just pick up one seat on the list in South of Scotland (which would go to Emma Harper), but the two constituency gains in Ayr and East Lothian mean McAlpine is finished I think.

Comment

Beautiful, the sniping and blame game begins as Very Intelligent future jailbird Craig Murray rues Alba's Transhobe obsession as costing them potential roaster votes, now the milk addled lad from Bath has set his Yer Da and Prosecco Alliance on him. You hate to see it.

Comment

Who is his Yer Da?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X