Steve Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Bell

In Monday's If​​​​​​... the penguin says that he's been given six weeks to live. Does this mean owt?

It was announced last year that they are not going to renew Bell's contract when it runs out some time this year. Maybe the time is approaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Wikipedia
      For some time he had been in talks with editor-in-chief Katharine Viner about reducing his workload, and "Sadly this probably spells the end for the ‘If…’ strip after 39 and a half years, which I enjoy doing immensely, but is a hell of a lot of work for an old codger like me, particularly in full colour. I do hope to continue after next April doing large editorial cartoons."

Comment

And If... sinks off into the sunset. I'll miss the penguins. Glad to see that Kipling got a run out...

Comment

I bought it yesterday, not knowing it was the last one. Then Philosophy Football offered me the whole last week's strips as a Ltd edition print on email, so the end really hit home. 250 notes, if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            And If... sinks off into the sunset. I'll miss the penguins. Glad to see that Kipling got a run out...
            It was good in the 80s, wasn't it. I liked John The Monkey too. Steve Bell went to the same school as my dad, a few years younger.

Comment

Working...
            X