No announcement yet.

Sarah Everard disappearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frightening. It appears the police knew what he was like but did nothing. And this happens again and again.

Comment

But Sir Kar Boardbox says we just need more cops

(As delicatemoth already said)
      Last edited by Felicity, I guess so; 30-09-2021, 07:32.

Comment

Whole life sentence handed out, very rare and very unusual. Given that he pleaded guilty I can see this going to multiple appeals.

Comment

The Met Police have had to put out a statement telling people not to trust its own officers (paraphrasing).

Sarah Everard: Challenge plain-clothes officers, Met Police says - BBC News

Comment

Never, ever ever take advice from cops. Never.

Comment

Onionesque current Guardian headline:

People stopped by lone officer could 'wave down a bus', says Met

Comment

Jesus, some of this stuff is grotesque in its total missing of the point...

Of somewhat lesser importance, but what happened to the wife/partner who protected this sh*tbag for several days?

Comment

Meanwhile: one for the misconduct thread too, as five former colleagues of Couzens under investigation for gross misconduct after sharing discriminatory and misogynistic content

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58760933

Comment

"We have always advised people to challenge police officers"

Like fuck you have, you gaslighting cunts.

Comment

Move along, nothing to see here

Comment

Some stellar copsplaining about how it's all.women's fault

https://twitter.com/katie_martin_fx/status/1443934766781317129?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                          Never, ever ever take advice from cops. Never.
                          Which presents a bit of a dilemma, given the new advice from the cops to not trust the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Which presents a bit of a dilemma, given the new advice from the cops to not trust the cops.
                            Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                              The Met Police have had to put out a statement telling people not to trust its own officers (paraphrasing).

Sarah Everard: Challenge plain-clothes officers, Met Police says - BBC News
                              This seems absolutely crazy to me and puts all the responsibility on the public instead of sorting out issues in the force. They even contradict their own advice, saying (paraphrasing) "people should challenge plain-clothes officers... but this won't always be appropriate in every case". How is the public supposed to be able to determine when is and isn't appropriate? Some people may find themselves getting into more trouble for resisting arrest or similar.

So angry with how this is being handled. And that's before considering the idea that they think more police will make things safer.

Comment

This is pretty good.

Comment

https://twitter.com/skyandyhughes/status/1444761906783342601?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

This is pretty good.
                                    "Like", in the sense that it's an absolute fucking disgrace this has to be said at all, but I am glad he did.

Comment

I did once demand that an undercover Strathclyde polis identified himself after he pounced on me for , allegedly, buying a carry-out after hours.

He did so by getting two uniformed constabules to throw me into a police van and threaten to kick my head in for my insolence.

This was a while ago, to be fair, and all my recent interactions with Police Scotland have been very civil but then I’m much older than any of the uniforms now and generally not in a compromising position. And I’m not in the Stop & search demographic.

Not an easy job but I suspect even the police would welcome some real, positive changes. Apparently Pilice Scotland can, and do, employ cops who’ve been binned off English forces for various offences. WTF ?

Comment

What? Fucking hell.

Comment

Cressida Dick on the radio yesterday talking about the importance of trust and how "in this country we police be consent". Hmm. Nobody consented to Met Police turning up at a vigil and kicking women's heads in. Was it that violent action or the one in Bristol where the police admitted afterwards they lied about injuries to police officers? Who consented to that?

I don't know how impartial this enquiry will be but at least there will be one. I suppose that's a small progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Erskine Bridges View Post
                                            I did once demand that an undercover Strathclyde polis identified himself after he pounced on me for , allegedly, buying a carry-out after hours.

He did so by getting two uniformed constabules to throw me into a police van and threaten to kick my head in for my insolence.

This was a while ago, to be fair, and all my recent interactions with Police Scotland have been very civil but then I'm much older than any of the uniforms now and generally not in a compromising position. And I'm not in the Stop & search demographic.

Not an easy job but I suspect even the police would welcome some real, positive changes. Apparently Pilice Scotland can, and do, employ cops who've been binned off English forces for various offences. WTF ?
                                            Jesus H Caramba. Much to unpack there.

I think my first question would be why he wasn't pursuing whoever it was that he reckoned was selling booze after-hours in the first place. I mean, if he really considered that a deal worth chucking someone in a van and threatening to kick his head in over.

As for the latter point, bloody hell...

Comment

A review = no-one takes the blame. The establishment would be delighted with it

Comment

Working...
                                              X