UK local/mayoral elections 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
    I saw this in the Olympic Park the other day. I'd never heard of the bloke until then, but the coach looks nice.

Hmmmm. I keep seeing adverts for him popping up on the Worldometer COVID-19 stats. pages.

His campaign seems well-funded.

Comment

A PCC election here, and referendum on a return to committee responsibility from the "Strong Leader" on top of the ward elections for us.
      First / Second choice, IIRC, but last time round in the by election Alan Billings got > 50% of the vote, so there was no second round.

Comment

Jesus, that Rose prick really does want shooting, doesn't he? Absolute filth of a man.

I don't think I'd vote for PCC, unless maybe there was an "abolish the police" candidate standing. I'd vote for a return to committee's yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          Jesus, that Rose prick really does want shooting, doesn't he? Absolute filth of a man.

I don't think I'd vote for PCC, unless maybe there was an "abolish the police" candidate standing. I'd vote for a return to committee's yeah.
          I'd always vote, even if only to keep all the ex-coppers standing as "independents" from getting in

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            Also, there is surely no way that the UKIP candidate is actually called Gammons
            He is.

They also had a leader called Dick Braine.

Comment

We’re electing a new PCC (candidates: Lib, Lab, Con) and metro mayor (candidates: Lab, Con). Not sure it’s worth the 90 second walk to the polling station to be honest. The deposit for a metro mayor is ₤5k which has had its intended effect of weeding out the timewasters, and indeed anyone I might even remotely consider voting for

Comment

We registered for postal votes this year anyway. Though thinking about it, the post box is about the same distance as the polling station anyway.

Comment

I'm doing my first ever postal vote this year. Shame, as I love the old ritual of physically trooping into the old polling booth

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Hmmmm. I keep seeing adverts for him popping up on the Worldometer COVID-19 stats. pages.

His campaign seems well-funded.
                    https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1376502069973155843?s=20

Comment

Been out leafleting for Labour because a) the local parties are good and decent people, and b) it's either them or the Tories and I'd quite like to not have the Tories in power.

Comment

I just went out shopping and was about to make tutting noises at a crowd of people stretched across the whole footpath when I saw that Sadiq Kahn was in the middle of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                          I saw this in the Olympic Park the other day. I'd never heard of the bloke until then, but the coach looks nice.
                          If he'd just turned a few degrees to the right in the photo, then the double back wheels would be perfectly placed to mock up as comedy revolving breasts, thereby securing the rugby players' vote.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                            I'm doing my first ever postal vote this year. Shame, as I love the old ritual of physically trooping into the old polling booth
                            Yep, exactly this.

My local candidate rang me last week to ask if I could help with leaflettng. He seemed a pleasant bloke but I had to apologise as I'm currently spending all my free hours (yes, I'm comparing being made redundant with being set free, positive spin y'know) knocking on the doors of people who've not yet completed their census record. Had I thought things through I could probably have combined the 2 of course.

Comment

Rose is an American Ickeist I read this morning

Comment

Good luck Etienne

I'm standing in Dudley Borough

Main talking point locally is yet another LibDem revival. It's about as likely as a Credence Clearwater but they are fielding 21 candidates.

There are 24 wards. The real question is how many rump Labour will win. I forecast 3 but it could be as low as 1

Comment

Labour aren't even standing in Oswestry. 1 lib dem, 3 independents, 14 Greens and 17 Tories. We aren't standing against the independents, as they are pretty sound.

Comment

Wards contested in Dudley

Conservative 24
                                    Labour 24
                                    Lib Dem 21
                                    Green 11
                                    Black Country 5
                                    UKIP 3
                                    Reform UK 2
                                    Libertarian 2
                                    SDP 1
                                    TUSC 1
                                    Independents 2

Comment

Candidates in Reigate and Banstead's wards:

Conservative - 18
                                      Labour - 18
                                      Green - 13
                                      Liberal Democrat - 9
                                      Residents' Assoc. - 2
                                      UKIP - 1

Good effort by Labour to put up a full complement of candidates and the Greens to contest so many seats, though not a big surprise as they're quite strong locally.

Poor showing by the Lib Dems in an area they they tend to under-perform in.

Pleased to see that we don't have any Reform UK monkeys standing, though one poor sod from UKIP seems to have missed the memo.

Comment

Just got a campaign leaflet from Shaun Bailey through the letterbox. Straight in the recycling, after I learned that you can go to the Conservatives website and tell them to stop sending their drivel to your home address. Which is exactly what I did.

Comment

Greens not standing for PCC in S. Yorks.

Tory candidate an ex Metropolitan Police officer, so excluded on both counts

What is it with "address in <> council area" that the Tories seem to be find of in some (all?) of the lists of candidates?
                                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                            Greens not standing for PCC in S. Yorks.

Tory candidate an ex Metropolitan Police officer, so excluded on both counts

What is it with "address in <> council area" that the Tories seem to be find of in some (all?) of the lists of candidates?
                                            ​​​​​​​

Actually, in my area it's noticeable that it's the Conservative candidate's full address that is invariably listed, for local recognition presumably, and it's the other parties that are taking a more cautious approach re. security, reflecting the times we live in.

Literature count - 1 (sitting PCC bod, deselected Tory, now running as an independent)

Comment

(literature count - 1. Green ward candidate)

Comment

The postal vote packet is a bit overwhelming.

Also, pink and orange are only obvious in comparison to each other. I picked up what I thought was the pink ballot only to see a more obviously pink one underneath.

Comment

Why wouldn't you stand constituency candidates if you're on the London wide list? There are 18 london wide and I have 6 constituency candidates.

Comment

Is Khan the most left wing mayoral candidate in London?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X