Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly me to the moon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56261574

Billionaire offers free seats on the SpaceX moon fly-by for wannabe astronauts.

As I get nervous flying from Manchester to France, I don't think I've got the "right stuff" for this.

I'd crowdfund places for moon-landing deniers and flat-earthers.

Comment

With any luck James May will get his dream of space travel. Here's hoping he can take his chums Clarkson and Hammond with him.

Comment

I'd kill to see the Earth from space - but I'm not sure I'd have the mettle for the training, etc.

Sod it, I think I'll apply.

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
        I'd crowdfund places for moon-landing deniers and flat-earthers.
        That's the way to go with this, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
          With any luck James May will get his dream of space travel. Here's hoping he can take his chums Clarkson and Hammond with him.
          It would be terrible if they were knocked wildly off course and had to spend the rest of their careers desperately and ultimately unsuccessfully trying to get back to Earth.

Comment

Food supplies would surely quickly run short - presumably resulting in a punch in the head for someone.

Comment

And now I have a Sinatra earworm, which is no bad thing in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                That's the way to go with this, yes.
                Then again, they'll just say NASA used MK-ULTRA to brainwash them into believing they went to the Moon.

Comment

...but 'they' will know otherwise.

In the event that this happens often enough, one of 'em will get bored and blow the whistle. (Or 'not blow the whistle' as the case may be.)

Comment

I'm going to apply, saying that as the earth is flat I'm going to prove him wrong. Hopefully he'll eagerly take the chance to prove me wrong, but I'd get a free trip to space out of it.

Comment

10 years ago I would definitely have applied. These days perhaps I'm just a touch too lazy for the whole training thing, and a touch too ambivalent about being stuck on top of a giant lump of explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                        I'm going to apply, saying that as the earth is flat I'm going to prove him wrong. Hopefully he'll eagerly take the chance to prove me wrong, but I'd get a free trip to space out of it.
                        The 'research' required for that aspect would likely be ten times more harrowing than any physical training.

Comment

His original plan was much creepier

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkea...ow-moon-spacex

Comment

They're going to have a third go at landing the starship prototype today. The last two attempts were quite spectacular. There's a long way to go before they're flying people around the moon

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                              His original plan was much creepier

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkea...ow-moon-spacex
                              I don't know - sometimes it's a good idea to give your partner a bit of space.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                They're going to have a third go at landing the starship prototype today. The last two attempts were quite spectacular. There's a long way to go before they're flying people around the moon
                                My three and a half year old nephew is very into space at the moment and has been following the Starship launches with great interest. My sister was fairly unimpressed when he woke her up around 5.30 one day last week to ask if she knew what had gone wrong with the engine on SN9.

Comment

Working...
                                X