Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous people you’ve met in funeral parlours graveyards and crematoria

WOM wins this thread.

(though I did once meet mathematician Tim Gowers winner of the Fields medal at a cremation)
    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 01-03-2021, 23:44.

Is this discounting funerals of actual celebrities, where you would expect there to be other well known people?

If so, my rule-bending thread entry would be that celebrity gangster/hardman/liar Dave Courtney once stopped me to ask for directions to Scunthorpe Crematorium.

Comment

I would say meeting famous people at the funerals of other famous people is definitely covered by this thread,

Not covered would be meeting people in bookshops just as meeting people in funeral parlours etc would not be covered by the "Famous People You've Met In Bookshops" thread

Comment

Okay, if it's not a cheat - because I used to write with Sean Hughes and a number of his cohorts - then, at his 2017 memorial I spent time with one or two 'faces' I'd not previously met. One was Matt King (SuperHans in Peep Show) who was very charming and in some way related by marriage to Sean's family. (Also a Spurs fan, which helps enormously.)

I later had a brief chinwag in the toilets with Johnny Vegas, who vaguely recalled me. Or was just being drunkenly polite.

(And discussed the impending World Cup with Henning Wehn, who very sagely predicted that Germany would not make the knockouts. I'd not met him before. He's surprisingly tall.)

Comment

Working...
        X