No announcement yet.

Famous People You've Met In Bookshops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've met the Pompey fan with the bell in a bookshop - not sure if he counts as famous, and also he does own the shop in question so it was hardly a massive surprise to see him there.

I did not reveal my allegiance, and he was nothing like the dickhead I imagined him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
      I think Nef's point should be upheld. This is not a "places you have met members of Rush" thread. Given this thread kind of exists to avoid diverting another thread, diverting this thread seems to be a violation.
      Sounds like the whinging of someone who's not met a member of Rush, or Ron Sexsmith buying a cheap, off-the-shelf birthday cake in Metro...for example.

Comment

I might be cheating since I've worked in two bookstores, but: Pierce Brosnan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, John Wooden, Faye Dunaway, the Edge, Pamela Anderson, Bull from Night Court, Michael Eisner, former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan, Slavoj Zizek, Oliver Stone. Not all from booksignings, some of those were just as regular customers, such as Brosnan, who was possibly the most charming person I've ever met.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
          I might be cheating since I've worked in two bookstores, but: Pierce Brosnan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, John Wooden, Faye Dunaway, the Edge, Pamela Anderson, Bull from Night Court, Michael Eisner, former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan, Slavoj Zizek, Oliver Stone. Not all from booksignings, some of those were just as regular customers, such as Brosnan, who was possibly the most charming person I've ever met.
          Passed Brosnan on the street, he's a tall lad isn't he.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
            Isn't he though. He bought La Signora and I drinks when we were honeymooning in Dublin.

Comment

Lawrence Lewellyn Bowen on a number of occasions in Waterstones in Greenwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Isn't he though. He bought La Signora and I drinks when we were honeymooning in Dublin.
                He recommended Guy de Maupassant to me and listened to me talk about The Death of Artemio Cruz.

Comment

Working...
                X