Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    Liverpool threw the 1988 Cup Final.
    I think for it to count as a conspiracy theory it needs not to be something you just made up yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

About who he met with in Mexico city / hired him to kill Kennedy.
      Lordy. People still think he was hired?

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Sorry, let's unpack this. Why is a 65-year-old man dying of a heart attack 'highly implausible'?
        The cardinals would undoubtedly have been aware of his general state of health during the election.

Comment

Firmly believe would be overstating it but there was definitely something dodgy around Rudolf Hess' suicide at the age of 93.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

The cardinals would undoubtedly have been aware of his general state of health during the election.
            People can have heart attacks even if they are apparently in good health (and is that true that this is "undoubtedly"?)

Comment

Jeremy Corbyn was quite capable of doing that on his own.
              Do you have a point to make?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                The Israel lobby had a hand in ensuring that Jeremy Corbyn never became Prime Minister
                This doesn't even feel like a conspiracy theory. We know the Israeli government has its army of hasbara trolls, we know Shai Masot exists and that this was his job, we know that the Israeli government and its supporters whether unpaid or paid, will do everything they can to discredit anyone arguing for Palestinian human rights. This feels as much as "conspiracy theory" as noting that the US has military bases in other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

About who he met with in Mexico city / hired him to kill Kennedy.
                  According to my research, when Oswald went to Mexico City, he met up with John Aldridge and Dave Beasant. This is all starting to fall into place …

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Lordy. People still think he was hired?
                    Well, as I say, the Mexico City meetings are a large and suspicious blind spot in the timeline immediately preceding the shooting.

Comment

Sure, they are suspicious in that conspiracy theory way. That's one of the features of these things isn't it? You can find something that looks a bit odd if you squint and then you look for another thing that might be unusual and then you put one on top of the other and it's a theory.

If you went around making up motives every time anything was a bit unusual, you'd have a life of conspiracies. And that seems to be what some people do. We used to have one on here.
                      Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 24-02-2021, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                        Firmly believe would be overstating it but there was definitely something dodgy around Rudolf Hess' suicide at the age of 93.
                        Shopping centre developers?

Comment

But were these cardinals also involved in bumping him off? If so, I have to wonder why they bothered making him Pope in the first place.

Comment

I have to wonder why they bothered making him Pope in the first place.
                            They had heard The Fall's first Peel Session at the end of May '78 and thought that, given the right material, the young singer had the makings of a playwright.

Comment

Sure, they are suspicious in that conspiracy theory way. That's one of the features of these things isn't it? You can find something that looks a bit odd if you squint and then you look for another thing that might be unusual and then you put one on top of the other and it's a theory.

If you went around making up motives every time anything was a bit unusual, you'd have a life of conspiracies. And that seems to be what some people do. We used to have one on here.
                              Um, well, sure. I guess. I'm not sure this fits the bill as something that looks a bit odd in a squinty fashion. What was an American in Mexico doing trying to meet with Cubans right before he kills the US President? It really hasn't been adequately answered. There's a sane, sober America guy (I'll find his name in a sec) who said he's comfortably debunked every stupid theory around the Kennedy assassination over the past 50 odd years, with one exception; what was the Mexico City trip all about? He said he's never heard a reasonable explanation. Anyhoo....that's the nature of this thread, innit?

[Dave Perry is the guy]
                              Last edited by WOM; 24-02-2021, 14:20.

Comment

It does seem highly implausible that Pope John Paul I died of natural causes a mere 31 days into his reign - given his known desire to reform the Curia and investigate the tangled finances surrounding the Vatican Bank, poisoning would appear highly likely, especially with both the Mafia and the Christian Democrats having motives to pursue such a course of action.
                                A 65-year-old man with a history of health issues who has just had the shock of his life at being elected pope dying suddenly is implausible? Listen, and don't tell anybody, but I have this bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling. You look like a smart guy who knows a good opportunity when he sees it.

Comment

I guess the nature of this thread gets a bit listy for me, and I don't find lists very interesting. But yeah fair dos, no surprise having conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theories thread.

Comment

And those reforms JP1 had in mind... well, we're talking about a doctrinally conservative and pastorally progressive guy here. He wasn't going to suddenly allow abortion. Most of his programme was pretty much Pope John Paul II's programme as well. And none of it was a break from his predecessors either. The position against free-market capitalism was taken seven popes earlier.

And the whole thing how he was going to uncover corruption... John Paul II, a man with balls of steel couldn't. Francis, another tough operator, is struggling. The election of Luciani was a stroke of luck for the bad guys, because he was no streetfighter.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Jewish space laser though.

Comment

I think for it to count as a conspiracy theory it needs not to be something you just made up yourself.
                                        Tee hee, I thought of saying "I'm only putting this to wind Ton Ton up" when I posted it in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                          People can have heart attacks even if they are apparently in good health
                                          My brother-in-law at age 49. Keen sportsman, died within minutes while watching TV.

Comment

Not sure where I read / heard it, but vacuuming apparently causes an absurd number of heart attacks. It's far more strenuous than you think it is when you're young and fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

People can have heart attacks even if they are apparently in good health (and is that true that this is "undoubtedly"?)
                                              Even now, a lot of people are at risk for a heart attack and don't know it, and back then, the understanding of that risk was much worse.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Jewish space laser though.
                                                I’m not familiar with that one, why not explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

I’m not familiar with that one, why not explain it?
                                                  https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ornia-wildfire

Comment

So does the poster actually believe it or are they just spamming the thread?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X