Conspiracy theories you firmly believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conspiracy theories you firmly believe

It does seem highly implausible that Pope John Paul I died of natural causes a mere 31 days into his reign - given his known desire to reform the Curia and investigate the tangled finances surrounding the Vatican Bank, poisoning would appear highly likely, especially with both the Mafia and the Christian Democrats having motives to pursue such a course of action.

Nah, he died of natural causes but the Vatican's heavy handed attempts to conceal the fact that his body was discovered by a nun, aka a woman, set the conspiracy wheels a-turning.

Comment

Who knows? Anyway, JP 1 died just a couple of weeks after Georgi Markov was assassinated in London. I mention that because I've always somehow thought of those two sinister events together, and because it gives me an excuse to quote one of my favourite witticisms from an OTFer or ex-OTFer (whose handle on here sadly escapes me), who said that if Boney M had ever had a hit single called "Umbrella" it would have been about Georgi Markov.

Comment

The Israel lobby had a hand in ensuring that Jeremy Corbyn never became Prime Minister

Comment

The NBA rigged the 1985 draft lottery to give the #1 pick to the Knicks.

Michael Jordan's first retirement was actually a gambling suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
            Who knows? Anyway, JP 1 died just a couple of weeks after Georgi Markov was assassinated in London. I mention that because I've always somehow thought of those two sinister events together, and because it gives me an excuse to quote one of my favourite witticisms from an OTFer or ex-OTFer (whose handle on here sadly escapes me), who said that if Boney M had ever had a hit single called "Umbrella" it would have been about Georgi Markov.
            That sounds a mordant Taylorism.

Comment

I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone shooter, but I definitely don't believe that Jack Ruby was motivated by anger at the assassination. Oswald was shut up before he revealed too much

Comment

I find neither of the NBA ones credible, though I’ve heard them for 25 years.

There’s no point in a quiet suspension. And no evidence I can see that Jordan altered his gambling behavior. So what did that accomplish other than depress TV ratings for a few years?

The Ewing one seems plausible, but I don’t believe the NBA would have rigged that lottery one time and then done nothing since then to help the Knicks win a title. If anything, it seems like they’ve been trying to prevent it for 30 years.

Comment

I think Jeffrey Epstein was helped off this mortal coil.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                    Oswald was shut up before he revealed too much
                    This.

Comment

Nefertiti2 Yeh. I'd like to know about the Owen Smith campaign etc.

Don't know about firmly, but it wouldn't surprise me that much if Robin Cook's death was a bit sus, or even John Smith's. Unlikely I know, but it wouldn't surprise me that much.

I think I've lost trust in the Labour Party.
                      Last edited by MsD; 23-02-2021, 23:14.

Comment

That John Smith lived as long might be more the surprise.

Comment

I've always thought there was more to Dr David Kelly's death than the official story.

Comment

My pet conspiracy theory is:-

Conspiracy theories are concocted by security services in order to discredit evidence of actual conspiracies.

Comment

I am beginning to believe more firmly that the NFL is scripted based on their Tom Brady plotline that is more ridiculous than anything in wrestling.

Comment

Courtney shot Kurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                  The Israel lobby had a hand in ensuring that Jeremy Corbyn never became Prime Minister
                                  Jeremy Corbyn was quite capable of doing that on his own.

Comment

I must admit that I haven't heard of some of the conspiracy theories mentioned and thought that others were fairly reasonable assumptions.

Comment

What did Oswald "know too much" about?

Comment

Andropov and Chernenko, something dodgy going on there.

Comment

Marilyn Monroe was killed because she was entangled with Bobby Kennedy. Either by the Mafia (revenge) or the CIA (to shut her up), or by both of them working together. Take your pick.

Comment

Liverpool threw the 1988 Cup Final.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                              It does seem highly implausible that Pope John Paul I died of natural causes a mere 31 days into his reign.
                                              Sorry, let's unpack this. Why is a 65-year-old man dying of a heart attack 'highly implausible'?

Comment

Inca - what did you make of the recent podcast about Tim Donaghy? NOt being an NBA fan, I couldn't 't judge against any prior understanding, but as a dissection of how a league snuffs out a potential threat, it seems pretty on point.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                  What did Oswald "know too much" about?
                                                  About who he met with in Mexico city / hired him to kill Kennedy.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X