No announcement yet.

Knock 'em off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrian Mole was an annoying little twat.

Gareth Thomas
    Erich Muehsam
    Kate Humble
    Devi Sridhar
    Bob Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

This has got to go to VAR

not only is her real name Michaela Ewuraba Boakye-Collinson but professionally she is known as Michaela Coel which makes her name one additional letter and two letters transposed from the aforementioned Windsor booklicker turned Al Fayed spokesperson.

reinstate Michaela ( before booting her out on equalily spurious but factually correct grounds)
      I did say I'd never heard of her.

Comment

Assuming the Gareth Thomas who has been picked is not the one off Blakes 7,but the rugby one, then the fact that he is known for that sport means he has to go. Replaced with Arundhati Roy

Arundhati Roy
        Erich Muehsam
        Kate Humble
        Devi Sridhar
        Bob Ross

Comment

Michaela Coel – darn, sorry, I spelled her last name wrong. Shame as I thought the Michael Cole argument was one of the funniest on here.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
            Hang on, I got taken off cos of the team I support, and Sporting has taken somebody off whilst generalising about their nationality. What are the rules around here?
            I have to agree - you can’t be booting someone off because of an unfounded assumption.

Somebody get to grips with this nonsense!

Comment

I've no doubt Michaela Coel is a wonderful person, but Channel 4 showed the adverts for Chewing Gum for months, and by the end of it I was sick of the sight of her, so she's out.

Comment

I was referring to the rather wanton dismissal of Joni Mitchell. I don’t know who Michaela Coel is, I’m afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                  I was referring to the rather wanton dismissal of Joni Mitchell. I don’t know who Michaela Coel is, I’m afraid.
                  Well if you need a valid reason Big Yellow Taxi is a big steaming turd.

Comment

Coulda said that in the first place.

Anyway, Bob Ross seemed a very agreeable guy but most of those paintings are pure 'happy amateur', chocolate-box dreck. The kind of thing that's hanging in the guest room when you're staying at your auntie's. (Not as bad as Nancy Kominsky, but come on...)

Swap with Rosa Parks. (Good luck with that one.)

Arundhati Roy
                    Erich Muehsam
                    Kate Humble
                    Devi Sridhar
                    Rosa Parks

Comment

I was assuming it was a Bob Ross I didn't know about. Seems not.

Comment

Well, I assumed it must be the artist guy - his old show seems to be repeating regularly at the moment.

Guess it's a 'lockdown' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          Anyway, Bob Ross seemed a very agreeable guy but most of those paintings are pure 'happy amateur', chocolate-box dreck. The kind of thing that's hanging in the guest room when you're staying at your auntie's. (Not as bad as Nancy Kominsky, but come on...)
                          He's no Thomas Kinkade, for sure.

Comment

Had to Google Erich Muehsam (I've had to Google half the people on here, it's been a great learning experience if nothing else), and found out that he did cabaret. Cabaret. I hate the idea of it, it's worse than music hall. So he has to go. Replace with Sarah Michelle Geller, because I'm re-watching Buffy.

Arundhati Roy
                            Sarah Michelle Geller
                            Kate Humble
                            Devi Sridhar
                            Rosa Parks

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                              He's no Thomas Kinkade, for sure.
                              Oh gawd, his stuff. With all these guys, there always seems to have to be this high-contrast, garish colour and a propensity of sky-action (sunsets, etc). And no real balance between the detail - trees, mountains, etc - and the way that the light should be working.

These kind of mass-production artworks seem generally to be bought by people with little appreciation of painting, but they like the view/the location/'sunsets'. And it hides a stain on the wall, or similar. (Superficially snobbish, perhaps, but undeniably accurate.)

Comment

Thomas Kinkade used to have a gallery on Chiswick High Road, usually with a single canvas in the window, spotlit and resting on black velvet. It was weird to think that people might be going in and paying big prices for his stuff. Still, he was less creepy than Jack Vettriano, so that's something.

Comment

Despite her sterling work in Cruel Intentions and Scooby Doo the Movie (I'm not taking the piss either) SMG has to go precisely because of Buffy.

Arundhati Roy
                                  Sir John Hurt
                                  Kate Humble
                                  Devi Sridhar
                                  Rosa Parks

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    Despite her sterling work in Cruel Intentions and Scooby Doo the Movie (I'm not taking the piss either) SMG has to go precisely because of Buffy.

You have made an enemy today...

Comment

Rosa Parks goes, because she's not…
                                      ​​​​​​…

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Arundhati Roy
                                      Sir John Hurt
                                      Kate Humble
                                      Devi Sridhar
                                      Claudette Colvin

Comment

Because she's not 'what'?

(Living? Which I didn't think was an issue here.)

Comment

Claudette Colvin

Which was my nomination for
                                          her replacement.

Not exactly rocket surgery, was jt?

Comment

That's not much of an explanation.

Comment

Nor was it in any way apparent.

But apart from that, right on the wedge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Well if you need a valid reason Big Yellow Taxi is a big steaming turd.
                                                She also screamed "Get off my property!" at someone from my work who was walking on the beach near her house.

Comment

You do realise that these comments about Joni are tearing Amor de Cosmos apart, dont you?

Comment

Kate Humble? Way too good to be true. I'll keep her initials though.

Arundhati Roy
                                                    Sir John Hurt
                                                    Devi Sridhar
                                                    Rosa Parks
                                                    Kristin Hersh

Comment

Working...
                                                    X