No announcement yet.

Knock 'em off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacinda Adern is a career politician and I've learnt not to trust them however much I agree with their publically espoused views. Plus New Zealand's much-vaunted response to Covid has actually been effectively the same as simply implementing North Korea' s border policy for the last 12 months.

I nominate Ken Hom.

Ken Hom
    Mubarak Awad
    Professor Alice Roberts
    Aneurin Bevan
    Greta Thunberg

Comment

Greta Thunberg has only just turned 18, too early to judge her character yet.

Replaced by ... what the hell, Jeremy Corbyn

Jeremy Corbyn
      Ken Hom
      Mubarak Awad
      Prof Alice Roberts
      Aneurin Bevan

Comment

Corbyn ultimately fucked up and wasn't good enough, squandering a positive political movement and moment

replaced with

Dolly Parton

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
          Corbyn ultimately fucked up and wasn't good enough, squandering a positive political movement and moment

replaced with

Dolly Parton
          You wish.

Comment

Ken Hom as had to replace his branded wok. Adding Ramsay MacDonald

​​​

Comment

I nominate Professor Devi Srihdar, because she has talked more sense about Covid than anyone else I know, and because she is gorgeous and kind and clever and I would marry her in an instant. Also, female professors probably really are the best people in the world.

I'd get rid of Ken Hom, because, at a cursory Google, he really just makes woks.

​​​Professor Devi Sridhar
              Mubarak Awad
              Professor Alice Roberts
              Aneurin Bevan
              Greta Thunberg.

Comment

I think we need to tidy up the list. Greta Thunberg was replaced by Jeremy Corbyn who was immediately replaced by Dolly Parton. Ken Hom was originally replaced by Ramsay McDonald. As far as I see it the current 5 are

Dolly Parton
                Prof Alice Roberts
                Ramsay McDonald
                Mubarak Awad
                Anuerin Bevan.

Comment

Ramsay MacDonald out, for nearly destroying the Labour Party permanently.

Dolly Parton
                  Prof Alice Roberts
                  Mubarak Awad
                  Aneurin Bevan
                  Amy Adams

Comment

Mary Beard
                    Prof Alice Roberts
                    Mubarak Awad
                    Aneurin Bevan
                    Amy Adams

Parton is out due to failure to commit to political opinions. Her place is taken by Mary Beard.

Comment

Come on. Amy Adams sneaks in... Vote Devi out if she shouldn't be there.

Clear rules for a veto please. I thought I'd followed the procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                        Come on. Amy Adams sneaks in... Vote Devi out if she shouldn't be there.

Clear rules for a veto please. I thought I'd followed the procedure?
                        It's not my thread, but as I saw it Wishis had already voted out Ken Hom before you, and replaced him with Ramsay McDonald. You can vote Professor Devi In again.

Comment

Amy Adams is out as had never heard of her till Google search. Which revealed she was in most 100 influential people of 2014. But has had no influence on my life. Replace with David Bowie.

Comment

Bowie out - that fascist groove thang.

Replace with Phil Odgers

Comment

Awad out purely because I've no idea who he is, replace with Michael Palin.

Comment

Which leaves the current five as:

Mary Beard
                                Alice Roberts
                                Phil Odgers
                                Michael Palin
                                Aneurin Bevan.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mubarak_Awad

Comment

part of me really wants to remove any one of 4 of those because I've never heard of them and put Kareem back on the list.

Comment

Nothing against Mary Beard, but if we're doing important historians, I'm replacing her with William Dalrymple.

William Dalrymple
                                      Alice Roberts
                                      Phil Odgers
                                      Michael Palin
                                      Aneurin Bevan.

Comment

Don't want to derail but this is bollocks ...

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                        Jacinda Adern is a career politician and I've learnt not to trust them however much I agree with their publically espoused views. Plus New Zealand's much-vaunted response to Covid has actually been effectively the same as simply implementing North Korea' s border policy for the last 12 months.
                                        There are legit reasons for not having Ardern (reforms very cautious, more centrist than left, silent on some serious matters) but the NZ Covid myth (oh, it was only due to isolation) isn't one of them. It's actually insulting to all the people who couldn't go to funerals, or be with loved ones when they died, or even get a takeaway coffee, because NZ's lockdown was a real total f***ing lockdown and there were no f***ing exceptions. A lot of real pain, but it went on until the job was done, despite all the voices constantly calling for it to be eased off (do you think that only happens in the UK?). The oceans did nothing to stop the virus spreading when it was already here. The response did that.

Comment

Ardern can fuck off, she's a colonialist head of state in a colonised nation that's being denying any refugees for ages.

Boot WIlliam Dalrymple.a posh white Brit taking up space that should be occupied by people who are actually from Asia.

Alice Roberts
                                          Phil Odgers
                                          Michael Palin
                                          Aneurin Bevan
                                          James Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                            Ardern can fuck off, she's a colonialist head of state in a colonised nation that's being denying any refugees for ages.

+1

Comment

Bloody hell, you lot have high standards!

Any decent heads of state out there?

Comment

Taking Palin out, cos he worked for so long with those terrible curmudgeons, Idle and Cleese.

Alice Roberts
                                                Phil Odgers
                                                Terry Pratchett
                                                Aneurin Bevan
                                                James Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                                  Taking Palin out, cos he worked for so long with those terrible curmudgeons, Idle and Cleese.

Alice Roberts
                                                  Phil Odgers
                                                  Terry Pratchett
                                                  Aneurin Bevan
                                                  James Rodriguez
                                                  But also Jones, so gets a goojf card, surely?

Comment

I'm not having a bloody Bayern and Everton player on the list. How did he even sneak in?

To maintain some sporting presence I'll put in 'the cross between a ballerina and a bastard' as Alan Partridge described him.

Alice Roberts
                                                    Phil Odgers
                                                    Terry Pratchett
                                                    Aneurin Bevan
                                                    Seve Ballesteros

Comment

Working...
                                                    X