Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 UK Census (was: 2021 UK Census, unsurprisingly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm imagining racists and 'white-replacement' conspira-hate-preachers are hyperventilating furiously about all this

Comment

(Puts on Nishlord voice)

Romania SOOOOAAAARRRSS up from number 16 to number 2
      https://twitter.com/ONS/status/1597525836521168897

Comment

There is no UK census. The E&W one with data released today was 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
          I'm imagining racists and 'white-replacement' conspira-hate-preachers are hyperventilating furiously about all this
          Muslamic ray guns, lamentations that some cities will exist where white people are the minority and "Father" Calvin changing his background to Enoch Powell are much in evidence on the bird app, with the usual Farage monologue to his mobile camera, filmed so close you can see the subtle shading of the different hues of yellow and brown on his teeth.

Comment

Mebyon Kernow disgruntled with the absence of a "Cornish" identity box, but assess (rather plausibly) that more than 100,000 respondents chose to write it on their forms.

Comment

LGBT+ stats from the census have been published, the first time that data has been collected/included. Headline is there are loads of us. Glad to see York and Hull, my cities of personal interest, are both coloured dark gay on the map.

Comment

So Lambeth is officially the queerest borough in London, it seems.

(There's still no UK census, this is the E&W census)

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                  LGBT+ stats from the census have been published, the first time that data has been collected/included. Headline is there are loads of us. Glad to see York and Hull, my cities of personal interest, are both coloured dark gay on the map.
                  At a brief glance, as you'd expect (for all sorts of reasons) most larger urban areas show much queerer (is that ok phrasing?! Taking my lead from TT.) with the jump-out exception of Birmingham/West Mids. What's the story there?

Also slightly intrigued by the Ceredigion/Cardigan situation.

Comment

Apparently Middlesbrough is the UK England & Wales capital of people travelling to work in a taxi (3.6% of the working population!) Something to do with disability presumably

Comment

Are fares more affordable than they are in London?

Comment

ChrisJ - I'm totally good with that, but my general advice were it sought would be for the non-queer to avoid using the term generally unless you already know how it will land.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          Are fares more affordable than they are in London?
                          Oh yes by a landslide, and the bus significantly more expensive than in London. Even so I'm surprised anyone would choose it as their standard way to commute unless they had no other option. The only colleague I've had who travelled to work in a taxi was blind, and I think it was paid for by the council

Comment

It is a thing here (or was, pre-pandemic) among the non-disabled affluent, and always surprised me.

Some people really hate public transport.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                              ChrisJ - I'm totally good with that, but my general advice were it sought would be for the non-queer to avoid using the term generally unless you already know how it will land.
                              Thanks. I spend a lot of time thinking about how things will go, but don't always judge it right. Was about to edit then thought it would be odd in light of this, so I'll leave it for others to see your guidance, but I'll edit if anyone wants me to.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                Also slightly intrigued by the Ceredigion/Cardigan situation.
                                I was curious about that. My only guess would be the university population in Aberystwyth skewing things a little.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  It is a thing here (or was, pre-pandemic) among the non-disabled affluent, and always surprised me.

Some people really hate public transport.
                                  It's not as if they New York taxicab experience is generally one of luxurious seating, rapid movement between locales, and a smooth ride, either.

Comment

No, it is not, which adds to the perplexity.

Commuting by black car solved a number of those issues, but also was more expensive.

Comment

I mean, the "UK" thing is one thing, but why would it get changed 2021 to 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

I was curious about that. My only guess would be the university population in Aberystwyth skewing things a little.
                                        It's Ceredigion and Gwynedd not Cardigan. Both have universities (Bangor in Gwynedd).

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          I mean, the "UK" thing is one thing, but why would it get changed 2021 to 2022?
                                          It was postponed for a year, I assume because of covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            It's Ceredigion and Gwynedd not Cardigan.
                                            If that's me, I was referring only to Ceredigion and providing a translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post

It was postponed for a year, I assume because of covid.
                                              It wasn't though

Comment

The publication schedule is two years long (which seems excessive)

https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/aboutcensus/releaseplans

Comment

Yeah but TonTon is right, it's the 2021 census for E&W. No idea why the thread title was changed

Comment

Indeed he is

Comment

Working...
                                                    X