Male pattern beard balding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male pattern beard balding

I know about blokes going bald "upstairs". I can only have mild empathy for them looking like Bobby Charlton or Dominic Cummings, however, because if anything I look, at the moment, like something Jim Henson would have discarded as a wild creation, after no haircuts since November.

However I have, now, got a patch at the end of my chin that just doesn't grow. Just one little bit, about 10p sized in amongst the rest that if I leave it is as proud and bushy as Jurgen's. Anyone else have that?
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 11-02-2021, 18:21.

Does "beard balding" really exist, or is it something you made up? I wouldn't know, as I've always shaved regularly. In the 14,000 or so days that have passed since I started shaving daily, I reckon I've done it on at least 13,900 of them, with never more than 48 hours between reachings for the razor.

(Although I did do a Movember thing once, as it was the hut that was organising it. At the end of the 30 days, I looked like I'd drunk baked-bean juice out of the tin and then failed to wash it off properly.)

Comment

It's either just one of those things Rogin, or syph.

Comment

It's the receding nose that really rings alarm bells.

Comment

I don't have any bald patches as such but it does grow a bit thin on my cheeks so I tend to keep it a bit longer there than around the mouth and chin area, otherwise it looks a bit like the top of Martin Keown's head*.

* What the fuck is going on with that anyway? It's either the weirdest thinning of hair ever seen or a hair transplant that's only two-thirds taken.

Comment

Martin Keown is the missing link between chimps and baboons.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
              Does "beard balding" really exist, or is it something you made up?
              I know you know this, but it's just a roundabout way for Rog to let us know that he still has a full head of hair.

Comment

I have given up on the idea that I can ever grow a full beard. A mustache, sure, no problem, it's just too patchy everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
                  I have given up on the idea that I can ever grow a full beard. A mustache, sure, no problem, it's just too patchy everywhere else.
                  It gets easier as you get older. My attempts at a beard/'tache in my 20s were so pathetic it was embarrassing. Beyond the sideburns it was a veritable Sahara of non-existent fuzz. Now I'm positively grizzled. So just be patient, by the time you're seventy you'll look like Santa Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                    However I have, now, got a patch at the end of my chin that just doesn't grow. Just one little bit, about 10p sized in amongst the rest that if I leave it is as proud and bushy as Jurgen's. Anyone else have that?
                    All joking aside, you might want to see a dermatalogist about it; it could be an easily treatable skin condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                      I know you know this, but it's just a roundabout way for Rog to let us know that he still has a full head of hair.
                      To be honest, I was surprised he waited until Thursday to issue his weekly reminder.

What he doesn't know, as he's only forty-nine, is what happens when blokes turn fifty. You go to bed the night before thinking, "It's only a number, it's only a number. I'll only be a day older, it's only a number." Then you wake up the next day, half a century old, and you can suddenly see twice as much of your temples as you could before.

Not only that, your public hair's turned completely grey and your genitals look like Catweazle.

Comment

Blackbeard's ghost for the ladies.

Comment

Working...
                        X