I'm not a cat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a cat.

This tickled me. Sorry if it's already been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it from a quick skim of recent thread titles.

Texas lawyer trapped by cat filter on Zoom call, informs judge he is not a cat | Texas | The Guardian

I couldn't stop laughing at that

Comment

Me neither, and I shared it with Mrs AE who also couldn't stop laughing. Its great.

Comment

It’s fabulous and I want to use cat filters for my calls now. How did I not know about them?

They should be obligatory for council meetings.

Comment

Brilliant.

Why wouldn't you want to be a cat? The freedom, the nonchalance, the lack of consequences for your actions AND you get fed and watered every day.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
            They should be obligatory for council meetings.
            "YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY HERE, PRINCESS FOOFY PAWS III!"

Comment

The fact that Mr Ponton has the voice of a hapless cartoon character ups the amusement factor.

Jerry L Phillips does a good job of keeping a straight face until the "I'm not a cat" line finally gets him.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

"YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY HERE, PRINCESS FOOFY PAWS III!"
                READ THE STANDING ORDERS!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                  Brilliant.

Why wouldn't you want to be a cat? The freedom, the nonchalance, the lack of consequences for your actions AND you get fed and watered every day.
                  You get your knackers chopped off by your loving mummy or daddy, for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

You get your knackers chopped off by your loving mummy or daddy, for one.
                    With my love life right now, wouldn't make a great deal of difference to be brutally honest.

Comment

They’re much happier neutered, though (in the context of modern pet life).

Comment

What makes it is how the cat looks doleful and embarrassed, its expression mirroring the strangulated tone of the man behind it.

Comment

I'm still rocking with laughter now just reading these comments, after watching a few moments ago. Yes, it's such a doleful, harassed-looking kitten face, and as noted the voice just goes perfectly with that. Outstanding.

Comment

Doleful is a great word that is much underused, so thankyou delicatemoth for introducing it here

Comment

Oops, I didn't even register that I'd repeated DM's own word there! Sorry for the accidental plagiarism.

Comment

I would not have predicted a year ago that lawyers embarrassing themselves on Zoom would be the social media phenomenon it has become.

Comment

That is hilarious. Additionally, I'm now reading the thread title in a Nixon voice and therefore want all old footage of him to have his visage "zoom-catted".

Comment

Between this and the Handforth Parish Council of Cheshire county, it's obvious who's behind the We're All Mad Here zooms lately....

Comment

Turns out that cat lawyer, far from his cute kitten like picture, is in fact a cunt https://news.avclub.com/please-we-ju...AJ_H7vjMkCNP8I

Comment

Interesting start to the day, almost do myself a mischief watching the video and then seeing that it's partly karma for being, as ad hoc says, a cunt.

Comment

"I'm not a cat" is a classic line. But it gets even better when the judge (or whoever) replies: "I can see that."

No you can't see that. To all appearances, he is a cat.

Comment

Working...
                                          X