No announcement yet.

D-Day, 1971

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first option under More (next to Subscribe) should be to copy the url, and you should also have options to open the link in the browsers you have installed on the device.

Comment

Now if only we can convince Americans to adopt dollar coins, rather than paper notes (granted, there have been several attempts over the last 40 years, but surprised that they never took off).

Comment

The country is ruled by cranky old misogynists (dollar coins have traditionally featured women)

We may well never get them in wide circulation, now that the yoof have moved on to paying for things with their phones

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          The first option under More (next to Subscribe) should be to copy the url, and you should also have options to open the link in the browsers you have installed on the device.
          Nothing like that, I'm afraid. I am using Google Chrome on a Huawei device (I am equal opportunity about which side harvests my data) if that helps anyone trying to help the helpless.

Comment

Archive on 4
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b00y4zd1

I can post it into Notepad, mind.

Comment

If you aren't using the app, can't you just paste the url from Chrome?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00y4zd1

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I am using the app (Fussbudget might mention that I am never not using the app), but when I click on More I get Unsubscribe (told you), Download (if downloadable), Bookmark episode, Share, then when I click on Share the varying tweet, WhatsApp, Notepad etc. options.

Anyway, I know you relish the challenge, but as I can now do it in an acceptable fashion you're probably best saving your mental energy for the next time you have to try and teach me something so blindingly easy and obvious...

Comment

Curious

Must relate to Huawei's weird application of Android

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Would he not have escaped anyway by not being a US citizen?
                    Apparently he qualified because he was a US resident and was working, I guess it was to do with his visa. Either that or an elaborate publicity stunt - there were demonstrations in London against him getting the call.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                      and here's Max to explain it all to you

Brilliant... 0.00-0.33 is very Frenzy, I half expected Barry Foster to wander by with terrible, evil intent in his eyes.

Anyway thread related earworm

Comment

haha fuck it I linked to the wrong video

Comment

Have just remembered a colleague who refers to low value tax cases, meagre takings or any small amounts (chickenfeed, as my uncle used to say to try and psych me out when playing Monopoly) as being 'ten bob and a toffee apple'.
                          She's a week younger than me and postdates D-Day too.

Comment

I was a Cub and did "bob-a-job." Commence your tittering now. All right, that's enough.

Apparently it only ended in 1992.

Comment

Well, it's two and six of one and twelve and a half of the other.

Comment

That's half-a-crown a job, surely.

Comment

Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone raised the 'pee' versus 'pence' thing? 'Pee' makes me cringe...

Comment

My Mum hated it at the time too. I guess "New Pence" was too much of a mouthful.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                      Now if only we can convince Americans to adopt dollar coins, rather than paper notes (granted, there have been several attempts over the last 40 years, but surprised that they never took off).
                                      As likely as getting Americans (and older Britons) to accept Celsius

Comment

I've never liked "pee", either in place of "pence" or in place of "piss".

Comment

Andy Townsend in commentary just said "he's put the ball on a sixpence". He was 7 years old on Decimalisation Day.

Comment

Andy, get yerself up to date, yer daft 'aporth!

Comment

Working...
                                            X