Chicago (very short notice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently in Chicago. I'll be here through Tuesday morning for a big cardiology conference. I'm staying at the swank Hilton Palmer House on Monroe near State Street in the downtown Loop Area.

Anyone in the Chicago area feel like getting a drink?

Preferably in this area or somewhere I can get to easily on public transit, bearing in mind that the L is fucked right now. I discovered this tonight on my trip to Evanston to see some friends.

[sniff]

Comment

No...no...it's not like that. Really. I'm just...you know...not in the Chicago area. Wrong country entirely, in fact. But if you find yourself in Toronto, you're coming over for dinner.

Comment

There's a staggering lack of worthwhile medical meetings in Toronto, but I'll try to get tehre soon.

Comment

Apparently on September 27th, we're hosting the '14th Conference on Health Care of the Chinese in North America', and in 2015 we're hosting the '25th International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) World Congress'.

So, you know, either/or. Just let me know and I'll set an extra place.

Comment

Your symbolic computation conferences all seem to centre on fucking useless fucking Maple as well. Cunts.

Comment

Yes, but you don't need an excuse to be here. You've got that standing invitation from the Scarborough Citizens' Coalition for the Return of Our Womenfolk.

Comment

There actually is a meeting in May in Toronto that may be worthwhile, but it conflicts with something in Minneapolis that would be more newsworthy. However, if the Minnesota thing falls apart, maybe I can do the TO event. Doubtful.

Comment

Reed, you have a PM.

Comment

Isn't Chicago just round the corner from Toronto, though?

Comment

In the sense that it is less than a day's drive, yes.

In the sense that it is a slightly longer journey than London-Frankfurt, no.

Comment

It would be shorter if there weren't several very large - great, you might say - lakes between the two cities.

Comment

Working...
                        X