No announcement yet.

Your irrational fears now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not keen on the figures, particularly humanoid ones but sometimes animals as well, in indigenous Australian art. They just look uncanny somehow.

Comment

Since I am probably one of the few people on here who actually uses them (when building RC cars), I hereby decree that the correct pronunciation is dee-cal.

And no, it's not dee-cree either, before you smart alecs chime in.

Comment

Years and years ago I built a Kyosho RC car for one of my mates who wanted to be able to race the thing, but had absolutely no aptitude for following instructions or bolting things together.

It was absolutely one of the best and most satisfying things I have ever done, and I've often wanted to take another go. Don't really have a space for it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
          Since I am probably one of the few people on here who actually uses them (when building RC cars), I hereby decree that the correct pronunciation is dee-cal.

Comment

I mean, I also pronounce it "dee-cal" but that's only because that's how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              Years and years ago I built a Kyosho RC car for one of my mates who wanted to be able to race the thing, but had absolutely no aptitude for following instructions or bolting things together.

It was absolutely one of the best and most satisfying things I have ever done, and I've often wanted to take another go. Don't really have a space for it, though.
              I've built four Tamiya models during lockdown, have a Top Force waiting in its box for various upgrades to be bought.

As a bonding thing with my daughter, I have got a Lunchbox van and we will build it and do it up as the Mystery Machine.

Comment

Eggchaser Tempted to buy this just to build it, in all honesty:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-...roducts/367625

But again, with my sensible adult hat on, I don't really have a space I can devote to it; at least not without incurring TLMG's irritation.

Comment

My lot are spread around the house, the Grasshopper and the Lunchbox Mini are in a carry bag in the loft room, the Racing Fighter and the Mad Bull are in the lean to and the Top Force box is on top of our wardrobe. An agreement has been reached that once lockdown is over I will buy a shelving unit to put them all in the lean to put of the way.

Comment

Which is fair enough. If we were still in our old place I could commandeer the kitchen table in the spacious kitchen as a workspace. But we're not, and I think assembling an RC car on the coffee table in the living room might be frowned upon.

Comment

Chickenshit.

Comment

You betcha.

Comment

Oh, I've got one for this thread, although it straddles the line between rational and irrational -- I'm nearly always worried about something catastrophic going wrong with my body and not being able to do anything about it because a mistake was made on the medical side of things in terms of investigating it or something else of that nature. I think this is fallout from developing Crohn's over a decade ago, a situation that was seriously debilitating and also took 4 years to figure out what might be going on. I've still got a lot of daily bodily phenomena (pains, neuropathy, visual disturbances, etc.etc.) that make me wonder if there's something wrong, or could just be anxiety compounded by my worrying about something being wrong!

The "irrational" portion of this comes from that I rarely, if ever, have something actually come back strange from a test or scan, from all available medical indicators, I'm pretty much completely healthy. I just don't feel completely healthy.

Comment

Working...
                          X