Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great apology

Bored of Education wrote:
    Even when I (briefly) played football for a team where the spectators had to pay to get in, we got sod-all to eat or drink afterwards.
    I've found this with Bored Jr playing rugby that they have proper food after, unlike football
    You also expect food after team squash matches. My club goes to a pub afterwards. The team were are playing away against tonight heads for a curry house...

Comment

A great apology

Anyone who's ever played pub darts, pool etc. competitively will have been well fed by the host pub. I remember plates of spring rolls in one pub at a darts match.

Comment

A great apology

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
        Apropos of nothing, but my parents were on a cruise a couple of years ago when there was some big fuck-off cricket championship going on in the Caribbean. They got a cheap sell-off when the Aussies who'd chartered the boat couldn't fill it. Apparently as soon as Australia got knocked out, people fled the cruise early and they had the place to themselves. Dad learned a thing or two about cricket - and apparently drinking - that week.
        That sounds like the ICC Twenty20 competition in 2010. Except the Aussies made the final of that...

Comment

A great apology

Yes, or it could be the World Cup in 2007, but Australia won that...

Comment

A great apology

E10 Rifle wrote:
            By the way, the teas with the very un-posh cricket team I used to play for largely consisted of quiches, sausage rolls, a selection of sarnies (ham, cheese, tuna, the usual), perhaps some chicken drumsticks thrown in, some orange or lemon squash, and - if the tea urn was working - some hot drinks too.
            Quiche is perceived to pretty posh here.

Comment

A great apology

Etienne wrote:
              Yes, or it could be the World Cup in 2007, but Australia won that...
              I'm leaning toward that being the one. Maybe he just meant that when it was all over, a lot of them fled the cruise early. But something in my mind tells me he said Australia was knocked out. He sure as hell didn't mention a rousing victory party that went on til the wee hours. I'll ask him.

Comment

A great apology

Incandenza wrote:
                E10 Rifle wrote:
                By the way, the teas with the very un-posh cricket team I used to play for largely consisted of quiches, sausage rolls, a selection of sarnies (ham, cheese, tuna, the usual), perhaps some chicken drumsticks thrown in, some orange or lemon squash, and - if the tea urn was working - some hot drinks too.
                Quiche is perceived to pretty posh here.
                We've done that as well, haven't we? How come egg and bacon pie is considered posh, doesn't even make sense, them Yanks and their amusing Francophobia, all that. I'm sure we have.

Call it "lothringer Küche"; that sounds more männlich, doesn't it?

Comment

A great apology

Yes, we have. Plenty of varying explanations in the old thread.

Comment

A great apology

WOM, I seem to recall having determined that it wasn't "our" Danger Mouse when I first encountered that piece quite a while back.

Comment

A great apology

Going back to the original premise of this thread, this was posted on the "Eddie Murphy" and I think that Jerry could have passed one bit of info onto Jason Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X