Snowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowing

It isn't at the moment, but it quite often does at this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere.

Several times since the turn of the year we've had that rain that you know started out as snow high up there but it isn't even the right conditions for it to be sleet. Something about the way it sits on the car roof.

Comment

Another dusting due overnight tonight. After 10 years living here, I'm still getting used to the fact they sometimes mean me when they say "maybe some snow on the pennine hills".

Comment

As I've mentioned on the mundane thread, this is the year that I have a snow shovel and a snowblower. I think we've had 5 snows so far, one of which was more watery slush, one of which was pretty much an entire foot of the stuff.

My previous belief that you should live somewhere warm and sunny and if you wanted snow you could travel to it has not been changed by living somewhere that has snow.

Comment

https://twitter.com/P_Andy_Lucas/status/1349688962579914753?s=19

Comment

It's -22 at the moment here in Helsinki.
            this is my second year here, but last years snowfall was very disappointing, and it never scraped below -10.
            well didn't that change this year...

Comment

Looks a very Helsinki scene.

Comment

What gets me is how the buses have continued running. It's -22, I'm getting frost on my eyelashes, yet my wife was able to catch the bus to uni this morning, and on that note, the good lady has just sent me this.

Comment

It's not often that we get warmer weather than the south of the country. It was -30C here yesterday, but it's currently -17C and snowing lightly.

Comment

Just googled Muuk's location and if I've understood correctly Pohjois-Pohjanmaa translates to English as "North Ostrobothnia".

North Ostrobothnia - Wikipedia

It would be neat if people from there were called Ostroboths.

Comment

Working...
                    X