X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/jaysbookman/status/1349299100286676993

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      I had no idea who Chad Wolf was so just looked him up. Amazingly, it appears that Chad is actually his full given first name. It's not some ridiculous nickname given to him by his fellow jocks in some high school sports team. His parents chose to call him Chad. Not Chadwick. Or Charles. Just Chad.
      Maybe he was conceived there?

Comment

Even going after NHL players?

Comment

It is a bit disconcerting that Amazon has so much power over the internet, but forcing them to carry this kind of shit is not the way to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            I assume that CNN was talking about "outside agitators", but that report is especially chilling in the context of several of the Trumpiest members of Congress refusing to walk through the metal detectors as of last night.
            No, they said the threats were coming from Trump, which I infer meant that he's phoning around making coded threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
              Even going after NHL players?
              What does this refer to?

I saw that there was some Ranger who was mad about all of this, but I can't find that now.

It's the great game, but there are some really dumb hockey players. Getting punched in the head repeatedly at a young age doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

What does this refer to?

I saw that there was some Ranger who was mad about all of this, but I can't find that now.

It's the great game, but there are some really dumb hockey players. Getting punched in the head repeatedly at a young age doesn't help.
                One of the deranged Parler posts in the tweet ursus shared talked about killing NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL players.

Comment

Aryanna Pressley is one of "the Squad." This is describing what they noticed when the riot had started, meaning that her panic buttons were taken out prior to it starting. Could be a coincidence, but I would assume that if some repairs were being made, that would have been discussed prior to them being taken out.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1349232278636011520

Comment

Gohmert makes the powerful argument that half of all impeachments have been undertaken under the current Speaker, which is totally lopsided dangerous excess.

Comment

Wow, Matt Gaetz is quite unhinged.

Comment

If he is impeached, then do any of his actions between now and then, such as pardons or declarations of war, stand?

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post
                          If he is impeached, then do any of his actions between now and then, such as pardons or declarations of war, stand?
                          If he is convicted by the Senate, he stops being president and loses those powers. If he's just impeached, he's still president.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

One of the deranged Parler posts in the tweet ursus shared talked about killing NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL players.
                            See! It is a major league!!

Sad that MLS, which actually does have some honest-to-god Antifa folks in its supporter groups, didn't make the cut.

Comment

Anthony Shaffer on R4 an hour ago still standing squarely behind Trump, refuting the idea that Trump's language galvanised the Capitol mob. Blamed the BBC for being critical and asking the wrong kind of questions.

Comment

Most of Trump's pardons have been self-serving so I wonder if there would be a case for arguing that they are invalid if Trump is subsequently convicted? The legal standard as I understand it is that pardons that further a conspiracy can be wiped.

Comment

Boebert, also unhinged. "The Democrats are only unified in hate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                    Most of Trump's pardons have been self-serving so I wonder if there would be a case for arguing that they are invalid if Trump is subsequently convicted? The legal standard as I understand it is that pardons that further a conspiracy can be wiped.
                                    The consensus is that you need a literal corrupt bargain in order to have a decent shot at overturning a pardon.

You also need to first bring a post-pardon prosecution, which is unlikely in any but the most egregious cases.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      any but the most egregious cases
                                      ...if this isn't what is?! (serious question)...how egregious would the conduct have to be beyond inciting a coup?

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your question.

Are you talking about a pardon of the insurrectionists?

Comment

Amazon's lawyers should have put a footnote with "Other customers who liked Mein Kampf also liked..."

Comment

A minor thing but I just flicked CNN on to see whatever Congressman is sitting behind Yvette Clarke pull his mask down to sneeze in to his hand without realising it wasn't a great look on national TV.

Comment

I watched about 5 minutes of it while I was making some lunch. It wasn't very edifying. Lots of Democrats spending 30 seconds to say the same thing over and over and over again because you basically can't make a coherent case in 30 seconds, just "Trump must go". Meanwhile, every now and again a Republican would get a minute or two to say something like "What about Antifa riots over the summer" or "Trump can't have incited a riot because it was pre-planned" or "You lied about Russian interference in 2016*, so it's totally not fair!"

* - they didn't lie

Comment

Six Republicans so far in support.

Comment

If anything, Antifa's showing in the US has been pretty disappointing. To my knowledge, "they" created a ruckus at a few of those Milo whathisfuck presentations on usual-suspect campuses like Berkeley and maybe Evergreen or whatever, but haven't shown up for any real set-tos like we might expect in Europe. Also, Portland Timbers fans put an antifa logo on one of their tifos. Of course it was Portland.

Otherwise, they have about as much power as the Justice League.

Comment

This looks absolutely solid and impenetrable.

https://twitter.com/stevennelson10/status/1349446112718024705

Comment

Working...
                                                    X