Three Kings Koup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Kings Koup

Given that it is virtually certain that the repercussions of the Invasion of the Capitol on 6 January will last long beyond the inauguration, I thought it prudent to start a dedicated thread.

It is my fervent hope that it won't also cover copycat attacks, but all I have his hope.

To begin, the iconic image first posted by MsD

Fuck I just clicked on a video of the policeman who was killed being beaten to death. I watched 10 seconds of it before I had to close it. These fucking animals.

Comment

And the Republican Senators are still bleating about talk of impeachment being "divisive"

Comment

I'm reposting the Mike Davis analysis from the other thread

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

To begin, the iconic image first posted by MsD

First posted and perhaps best posted.

Comment

Trump National GC has been stripped of hosting next year's USPGA Championship. Not a huge financial blow to the Trump organisation on its own, but if it's a trickle that becomes an avalanche ...

Comment

The Trumpers are very upset and threatening to sue, which is most often a sign that their counterparty is in the right

Comment

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1348542188011995138

Comment

That is sad, about Parler. Very sad.

Comment

Tragic

As are the Trumpist accounts who have lost 50K followers after the purge of Nazis and bots

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Tragic

As are the Trumpist accounts who have lost 50K followers after the purge of Nazis and bots
                        I saw that. Seems a lot of "GC" (anti-trans bigot) accounts lost a few thousand too.

Comment

Such a surprise

Comment

Prominent Proud Scot Unionists also complaining of losing followers.

Comment

I had a moment of bewilderment at the thread title, which was spectacularly dim of me given my strict Catholic upbringing. Then, when the penny had dropped, I realised how oddly appropriate it is that the events of that day have led various actors (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to have a sudden epiphany about Trump.

Comment

This is currently adorning the approved graffiti wall in our local park. From a distance I thought that it was glorifying the fuckwits but then I saw the Redneck Zoo title.

Comment

I've been wondering for a few days on where our US threads should start and end and the coup has at least made that clearer. There is pre-Jan 6 or post--Jan 6. Trump's Card and Election 2020 are finished in that sense. I was also considering a dedicated post-2020 GOP thread but it will surely take a while before the party is able to do anything else but damage limitation from the coup.

Mike Davis is excellent but I think it's too soon to predict that Cotton et al have a clearer path if Trump is now dead for 2024. We don't know yet if Jan 6 has destroyed Trump's kingmaker powers even if he is prevented from running himself. Best case scenario is Trump running as a third party like the Dixiecrats in 1948, although there's a bad precedent from 1968 of Wallace prompting Nixon to go farther right, just as fascist parties in the UK push the Tories into more open racism.

Comment

Just reading - and I don't know how accurate it is but I wouldn't be surprised - that then entirety of Parler got hacked and downloaded. That information is probably sensitive (I believe that verification required the user to send in photos of driving licences) but given that people usually reveal a lot of information about themselves online, and these people quite openly supported the SWATting and doxxing of others, it is fun to see them shit themselves as they realise that the Leopard is About To Eat Their Face.

Comment

Yeah, looking good on that front. And a reminder why "enforce real ID for social media" is a terrible idea and should be resisted.

Comment

I spent a good while last night on r/parlerwatch (Reddit is slightly less of an open sewer nowadays), and it was good reading - and there does seem to gave been a good few hours where Parler was open access after their authentication service withdrew.

Comment

I saw a headline somewhere that read Koup Klux Klan. Which would have been a good thread title on herd.

Comment

Or coup cucks clan. (also seen elsewhere)

Comment

So...

The impeachment trial. Tomorrow?

The inauguration. Who is in charge? Who will stand up against the inevitable second wave?

Lauren Boebert, the Colorado gun-carrier-in-congress was tweeting Pelosi's whereabouts during the coup. I have no idea why the 14th amendment isn't being dropped on her or the others yet.

​​​​​​https://www.chieftain.com/story/news...al/6599800002/

Comment

Is that link right, jv? Not working for me.

Comment

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/11/p...iot/index.html
                                                  House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to seek unanimous consent Monday morning for a resolution calling on Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to declare Trump is no longer fit to carry out his duties.
                                                  In the almost certain event the gambit fails, she will call the House back for a full vote on Tuesday. Should Pence not act within 24 hours, Democrats will embark on the historic path towards a second impeachment.
                                                  "In protecting our Constitution and our Democracy, we will act with urgency, because this President represents an imminent threat to both," Pelosi said in a letter to her Democratic colleagues. "As the days go by, the horror of the ongoing assault on our democracy perpetrated by this President is intensified and so is the immediate need for action."
                                                  Democrats are justifying the unprecedented push for a second impeachment on the grounds that after his most flagrant abuse of power yet, Trump presents a stark danger to the country and the world and must be removed immediately. Another motivating factor is that a conviction in a Senate trial would likely bar Trump from ever seeking public office again. They parry critiques that such a late-term impeachment would be academic by arguing that Trump's crime against the Constitution cannot go unpunished.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X