No announcement yet.

Three Kings Koup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's won some sort of wrestling belt, too. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      Yeah, the Big Gulp drew my eye, too. Wonder what the story there is.
      I've done some googling and come up with this:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/26/...tank-meme-joke

The image was apparently intended as a joke.

What’s funny about Heuser’s image, however, is that it’s not straightforwardly laudatory. Upon closer examination, it pokes as much fun at Trump as possible: Heuser left a “69” joke on the back of the tank; he added a Big Gulp logo on its side near some Trump steaks and Trump vodka, two of the president’s failed businesses; the bumper stickers near the front include the Howard Stern show logo, a New World Order pro-wrestling decal, and a sticker that says “don’t you know who I am?” On the license plate, the frame says, “Taxation without representation,” a phrase that can be read as a dig at Trump’s allergy to releasing his tax returns.

Comment

The license plate on "The Beast" says No Taxation Without Representation, as do all other DC plates

Trump told people that Bloomberg wanted to take away their Big Gulps as part of Bloomberg's campaign for the "soda tax".

Comment

https://twitter.com/shayan86/status/1351951405737779202

Comment

Womp womp, etc.

Comment

The QAnon guy basically shoving what he can into a single suitcase and scarpering is pretty satisfying to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Womp womp, etc.
                Well, it does look peaceful, to be fair.

Comment

True. Can't help but wonder what Mark's idea of "peaceful" would have been had thousands of his mates turned up, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                    That's just pitifully shit. He presumably paid money for that. Fucking hell.

Standing there with his flag he is literally the lone wingnut.

Comment

I am really surprised that only one person showed up.

Comment

I have no doubt that had Trump had access to his usual outlets, it would have been more.

There’s a lesson there.

Comment

This is an interesting piece, though I very much wonder what those with experience of such games think of it

https://twitter.com/cluster_fact/status/1350480526356996096

Comment

https://twitter.com/hotlinejosh/status/1352673424674586625

Comment

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1352708953822666757

Comment

He might want it. But he won't do it unless he can keep his own hands clean and someone else does the killing. And he won't announce any position until he knows he has the numbers. But he'll keep sending out "smoke signals" to show that he is the mature one who's been keeping Trump in check all along, rather than enabling him. He'll keep secretly briefing everyone without ever being explicit. And he'll still try and work the trial to make sure it goes as long as possible, as a way of sabotaging Biden's agenda.

Comment

If bookmakers odds are a guide, there is less than 20% chance of a conviction.

Comment

What an idiotic thing to bet on

Perdue and Loeffler must be heartbroken at the lost opportunity

Comment

Conviction needs 60 votes, but apparently only 50+1 votes are needed to bar him from running from office again. According to some talking head on the World Service.

Comment

Conviction requires two-thirds of those voting (not necessarily 67)

Disqualification, which can only follow conviction, requires a simple majority

Comment

https://twitter.com/mc_of_a/status/1352787591330983936

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Conviction requires two-thirds of those voting (not necessarily 67)
                                            So, theoretically, if you wanted Trump impeached because he's a cunt, but you're a Republican and you don't want to upset your incredibly brittle pissy fanbase of gun-toting deplorables, you could have a medical emergency that meant you couldn't go to vote and that would let you off the hook?

Comment

Yes, there's an "absent ill" option, and there's an abstain option.

Comment

It feels as though Republicans have to decide whether they want the upcoming civil war to be focussed on the future of the political Right (which it will be if they convict) or over the whole of the country (which it will be if they don’t because they will be cast as a party at ease with allowing Trump to get away with his post election behaviour). They would never be trusted with the safety of basic democratic norms, again.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  This is an interesting piece, though I very much wonder what those with experience of such games think of it
                                                  I've never worked on an ARG, although I've participated in several, and I've spent nearly two decades working on more conventional games.

This tracks with my experiences, in that it's clearly taking advantage of several human psychological tendencies, the desire to be part of a community, the importance of narrative (we really badly want things to make sense and to be able to there be causal relationships), the dopamine hit of being clever and figuring something out and getting a reward for it, etc.

A huge shift in how games make money recently is moving away from just having a single set price up-front. Many games, including some of the most successful in the world, operate entirely on a f2p or "free to play" model where getting the game and the initial experience is entirely free, and then relies upon in-game purchases. In the most pernicious cases, these games can be literally "pay to win" where spending money gives you a significant mechanical advantage in the game (this is especially egregious in games where there is player vs. player content), whereas there is the relatively benign approach where money can be used to buy "cosmetics" that only change the appearance of things in the game. All of these are more or less an obfuscated Skinner Box, where the desire is to reinforce the actions that lead to the player spending money.

For situations like an ARG, where using money "within the game" is often mutually exclusive with the fiction of the game being reality, it's either that the money is being made through selling advertising that is exposed to the player over the course of the experience, in many cases taking the form of a promotion for something else (the "i love bees" ARG mentioned in the article was a promotional effort commissioned by Microsoft to advertise the Halo 2 video game), or, the person running the game is selling user data gathered during the game (at least for the current state of tech, how much user data appears to be what truly determines the value of a tech company).

The bit that hits me a bit oddly about that piece (and especially with a few of the "related" pieces that Medium auto-generates at the end of it) is that it seems to veer into the same territory as what the piece is describing about QAnon by drawing the conclusion that QAnon itself is a "well-funded" effort with its own nefarious goals that are only hinted at. The author of the piece at least seems to be aware that they're engaging in the same sort of behavior though.

Comment

Thanks

I wondered about that last bit as well. It seems equally plausible to me that the successful proponents of the theory more or less stumbled onto those principles themselves, including through their own gaming experience.

Plandemic required some capital, but that didn't come out of the Q universe, and vast majority of their of the content is very low budget.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X