No announcement yet.

Three Kings Koup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC observed how privileged the Republicans are that they only get these threats now, over a single vote, when she's had them for basically her entire period in congress and for basically every vote she's made

Comment

On absolutely, I think what I find especially striking here though is the casual normalisation of a reality where there is not just an expectation of death threats but also of those threats being carried out.

Comment

AOC ran on a ticket of ousting Nancy Pelosi and/or getting Medicare for All. Now with the squad holding the balance of power in the House, they squad's base were pushing them to demand a floor vote on Medicare for All in exchange for letting Pelosi be speaker again. They did fuck all.

It's amazing how quickly they turn.

Comment

The ITV program last night Inside the Capitol Riots (or something like that) made it clear that this is no one-off event. The incredible anger, based entirely on lies, of otherwise comparatively ordinary people was, without hyperbole, terrifying. These were the "normal" ones, not the absolute fruitcakes from the various militia. The US is in for a torrid time for years to come.
          Last edited by Uncle Ethan; 15-01-2021, 01:19.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jackmjenkins/status/1349894265804042240

Comment

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1350098398016397314

Comment

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1350144296150728704

Comment

This has been true of the entire Trumpist phenomenon

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1350121573118783490

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    This has been true of the entire Trumpist phenomenon

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1350121573118783490
                    They should ask them what church they go to if they want to find a common thread.

Comment

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350057645550563335

Comment

There are lots of questions abounding about all the people who were in the Capitol on the 5th, and who'd been helping them out.

If I was creating a short list of people who could find themselves in the shit, it would be the Gs - Gohmert, Gaetz, Gosar. The next of the Gs, Marjory Taylor Greene, is probably too new to congress to have done much.

I may be giving him too much credit, but I assume that Gym Jordan is not stupid enough to have got himself directly involved.

Comment

Everyone's favorite new representative, Lauren Boebert, went on Twitter to attack a Democrat who gave an interview about seeing Republican representative giving tours to people prior to January 6. He never mentioned her, so she seems to have unintentionally outed herself.

Comment

Well, she was the one tweeting about Pelosi's whereabouts during the invasion

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

They should ask them what church they go to if they want to find a common thread.
                              Indeed. That's important.

This idea that Trump's core support are the economically dispossessed working class was always largely bullshit. That may explain a lot of the people who voted for him, but not the hard core nutjobs. To be that deluded usually requires a degree of confidence, and moderate material success and/or educational attainment creates that kind of confidence and, in America, one can go pretty far without ever learning how to think critically or rationally. At all.

Some of the dumbest people I've ever met got good grades at elite schools. Stupid is as stupid does.

I also recall reading somewhere that the overall economic trajectory of one's own town or city is a better predictor of voting behavior than one's own level of wealth or income.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1350186100564905985

Comment

Mein Pillow

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                    There are lots of questions abounding about all the people who were in the Capitol on the 5th, and who'd been helping them out.

If I was creating a short list of people who could find themselves in the shit, it would be the Gs - Gohmert, Gaetz, Gosar. The next of the Gs, Marjory Taylor Greene, is probably too new to congress to have done much.

I may be giving him too much credit, but I assume that Gym Jordan is not stupid enough to have got himself directly involved.
                                    Unfortunately, it seems to me that intent to collude will be very hard to prove.

Comment

It is way too early to tell

Comment

In summary, flew on a private jet to join the riot, filmed an advert for her real estate business while doing so and is now demanding a pardon after the FBI arrested her.

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1347677382241517568

Comment

Estate agents...

Comment

She'll be happy to know that there are lots more "working class" people in prison.

Prosecutors are talking tough at the moment - no deals or pleas, jail time for everyone.

Comment

Watch Trump pardon the lot on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                She'll be happy to know that there are lots more "working class" people in prison.

Prosecutors are talking tough at the moment - no deals or pleas, jail time for everyone.
                                                Presumably anyone turning themselves in might cop a slightly shorter sentence or size of fine?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                  Watch Trump pardon the lot on Tuesday.
                                                  They won't have been tried by then.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                                    They won't have been tried by then.
                                                    I'm not sure that's necessary. He's planning on pardoning his whole family and none of them have been charged.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X