Classy

Comment

Impeached

Comment

A solemn moment of silence everyone

Comment

Most impeached President EVAH!

Comment

It has been a pretty amazing couple of weeks though.

Comment

10 repukes join the good side. Double digits is good.

Comment

But no Republicans to my knowledge confronted the Big Lie that the election was stolen, which is the cause of the insurrection. Most of the focus right now is on the insurrection and not its cause, and it will be interesting to see how that bifurcation ages.

Comment

I don't think we've done the pictures of the National Guard camped out in the Capitol yet:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaco...p-insurrection

Comment

Place your bets on conviction. I'll bet a quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      Place your bets on conviction. I'll bet a quarter.
                      Mitch looking to move it to past this week suggests he might be entertaining it as a strategy to rid the party of Trump.

Comment

I'd bet a whole ton of quarters, it will get pushed past 20th and then the only consequence for GOP will be to remove him from the realistic running for 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                          I don't think we've done the pictures of the National Guard camped out in the Capitol yet:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaco...p-insurrection
                          https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1349395835688284160

Comment

I'm still sympathetic to the view that Trump running in 2024 would be better for the Dems.

Comment

My guess is that Mitch will spend as much time playing procedural bollocks to try and slow down the trial as much as he can in order to waste Senate time and stop them doing things like passing massive spending bills to help out the states.

But then he might look for a deal. Someone mentioned on Twitter that a deal which has Biden give full pardons to Trump, but gets a conviction and gets Trump barred from future office, is a deal that looks like it's good for everyone in the Senate. The Republican establishment breaks from Trump. All the Senators looking at a 2024 run are freed up by not having to compete against Donald. The Democrats get their conviction.

Comment

That would be shameful.

Comment

This is a good time for Trump to be unable to tweet.

Comment

That would be shameful.
                                    As is usually the case with realpolitik.

Comment

Mitch has already refused to reconvene the Senate before the 19th

Comment

This is a good time for Trump to be unable to tweet.
                                        Part of you almost wants him to just to see his tantrum, but then you remember where that gets us.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1349480286824919045

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1349481586090266626

Comment

On my way home from the post office I did a double take looking at this truck and had to stop and take a shot.

Comment

The flag on the right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                The flag on the right?
                                                US Army Rangers -- some decent juxtaposition

Comment

What are they? I get confused by the number of militia in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                    What are they? I get confused by the number of militia in the US.
                                                    Anybody in the American military who graduates from the US Army Ranger School.

The United States Army Ranger Schoolis a 62-day small unit tactics and leadership course that develops functional skills directly related to units whose mission is to engage the enemy in close combat and direct fire battles.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X