No announcement yet.

WhatsApp Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't we just get WhatsApp to do our track and Trace for us then? I mean, seeing as they do it already.

Comment

If you think WhatsApp is bad, Google and Facebook are really going to bake your noodle.

Comment

I quit Facebook 11 years ago. This would be right around the time it was suggesting I tag myself in photos based on it detecting my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          If you think WhatsApp is bad, Google and Facebook are really going to bake your noodle.
          I guess you are right in this. I dread to think by how much.

All those Covid-19 anti vaccination conspiracy theorists who say that Bill Gates is injecting a chip into you that can be read under UV light must have all destroyed their phones and gone to live in the wilds off grid then.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
            Thanks, so that's not an option then. Looks like it's going to be a combination of Signal and Telegram then.
            This might steer you towards signal, ae.

Comment

Signal is Dominic Cummings’ weapon of choice for a reason.

Comment

What's the reason?

Comment

It’s the most secure and untraceable. Haven’t used it myself but having read up on it, the end to end design seems incredibly well thought out.

Comment

Haven't read up on Signal to any great extent but I decided to give it a try after Snowden endorsed it as the most secure means of messaging. It's what I use to communicate with immediate family now and I'd love to be able to do the same with my close friends but it's just not as popular as WhatsApp. It's also a poor user experience compared to what WhatsApp users have become accustomed to. That shouldn't matter but sending messages on Signal feels very sterile and formal because of the Spartan interface. WhatsApp's by comparison is casual, informal and fun, which is part of its insidious nature.

Comment

Yeah, that is probably the usual tradeoff between security and ease of use. And the difference in approach between techie nerds and actual real people.

Comment

I got bullied into using Telegram by some friends and it seems ok, people seem to think it has security and that, and also funny pictures. So yeah, secure yet fun.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1785562.html

Thought this was a good article.

Also WhatsApp have said this doesn't apply to the UK, the mass data gathering that is, yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X