No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have a loft bed that was about 6 feet off the floor, which surprisingly made easier because I could let it hang over the side and let gravity do most of the hard work--like stuffing a giant pillow into its case.

Comment

Mrs Thistle knows how to fold a fitted sheet. She learned it off Martha Stewart. (Well watching Martha on the telly)

In unrelated news we tried to watch Aquaman this evening. Fucking hell, but that's a terrible movie. We paused it after only 38 minutes and I almost cried at how little of it we had watched. It felt like 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        Mrs Thistle knows how to fold a fitted sheet. She learned it off Martha Stewart. (Well watching Martha on the telly)

In unrelated news we tried to watch Aquaman this evening. Fucking hell, but that's a terrible movie. We paused it after only 38 minutes and I almost cried at how little of it we had watched. It felt like 2 hours.
        Binned Aquaman off after about 20 minutes. It was dreadful. Made me want to fill the seas with plastic and poison every dolphin.

Comment

I recently discovered that there is something called the Martha Stewart Center for Living at Mount Sinai Hospital on the Upper East Side

i would be massively discomfited were I to be admitted there

Comment

A somewhat tautologous name for a unit in a hospital, surely. As opposed to a Centre for what?

I changed the fitted sheet and duvet cover today. It took all of five minutes to strip down the ones heading for the wash and replace with new items. I'm bemused by what causes the problems.

It didn't flip the mattress this time. But that is also something I find very straightforward that is apparently a real chore for others.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Yeah, but the thread count on those sheets....

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post

I changed the fitted sheet and duvet cover today. It took all of five minutes to strip down the ones heading for the wash and replace with new items. I'm bemused by what causes the problems.

It didn't flip the mattress this time. But that is also something I find very straightforward that is apparently a real chore for others.
                As with many things in life size matters. In my experience flipping a king size mattress, for example, is rarely one person job.

Comment

Aquaman was ok, but picking the SAW director to run it was dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    I recently discovered that there is something called the Martha Stewart Center for Living at Mount Sinai Hospital on the Upper East Side

UWS 4 LYFE.

Comment

My mother always said that the only reasons to go to the UES were to have a child delivered or to die.

She only managed one of those, I'm still hoping for the full set.

Comment

Another thing that is very hard to do on your own is putting suncream on you back.

In a tribute to my current location my back resembles the Croatian flag very closely.

Comment

I watched Aquaman. Didn't find it noticeably worse than others of that ilk, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                            I really don’t understand why you all have issues with duvets. Vanessa Feltz explained how to do it years ago, plus now you often get ties to hold the corners.
                            Exactly. I mean, I didn't learn from Feltz but it's all pretty straightforward. It's not like trying the stop the corners of a fitted mattress cover from pinging off like they're on a catapult, is it?

Comment

I think I’ve mentioned before that Mrs. S and I sleep in a Martha Stewart bed, purchased during her incarceration. (Martha’s that is. Mrs. S has a clean police record.)

Damn good bed, we’ll never need another.

Comment

Max is now the avatar for the month, quite appropriate as the old fella celebrates his 2nd gotcha day with us later this week.

Comment

Ahhw that’s nice Foxy. Good lad Max.

Comment

You're mixing in high diplomatic circles now - some of my sister's work involves interaction with embassies, so she got invited to a reception at the Spanish Embassy on their national day of October 12th.

Comment

Just realised I missed my tenth OTF anniversary last week. I’ve generated an impressive load of garbage on here in that decade. Thanks for putting up with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                        You're mixing in high diplomatic circles now - some of my sister's work involves interaction with embassies, so she got invited to a reception at the Spanish Embassy on their national day of October 12th.

Comment

My bed has become annoyingly squeaky all of a sudden. I need to take it apart and wax the joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            I’ve generated an impressive load of garbage on here in that decade.
                                            Not nearly as impressive as the load you generated in front of treibeis's facilities.

Comment

My legs have decided to have a day off, which is problematic. I kind of need them.

Comment

Can't you get someone to push you around in a wicker bath chair?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Not nearly as impressive as the load you generated in front of treibeis's facilities.
                                                  Well clearly, but I’m not one to brag. Or rest on my achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                                    Can't you get someone to push you around in a wicker bath chair?
                                                    Monday is his day off.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X