X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usual ridiculous schedule this morning.
    8:45am: children due at school.
    9:30am: work meeting.
    10:15 am: take taxi to view possible house for sale at 10:30 am.
    10:45am: take taxi back home, drop off husband for supermarket delivery which arrives at 11am and continue in taxi for second Covid vaccine due at 11:15am.
    11:25am: take taxi back home and arrive two minutes late for 11:30am meeting (fortunately just listening in on this one, not contributing majorly).
    11:40am: receive email cancelling Saturday's viewing of another house as it has already been sold within two days of being on the market and before we had a chance to see it.
    Last edited by Balderdasha; 09-06-2021, 10:51.

Comment

Am losing concentration. Thought I'd accidentally posted that on the health thread but nope, it was on the mundane thread as intended.

Comment

Also in the mix I'm busy emailing a colleague trying to sell her my old lightweight city buggy. And husband has been researching cars and wants me to book a test drive of an automatic to see how I find it.

Comment

Croissants should not be toasted unless they’re bad croissants or stale
          Good croissants should not be stale because only a deranged person wouldn’t eat all the croissants as soon as they could
          Croissants shouldn’t have much sugar in them at all. A sweet croissant is a bad croissant.
          I now want croissants for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
            UPDATE: TonTon let me down by not being taken in.
            I can only apologise

Comment

Well, take a good long look at yourself, if you don't mind....

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                Croissants should not be toasted unless they’re bad croissants or stale
                Good croissants should not be stale because only a deranged person wouldn’t eat all the croissants as soon as they could
                Croissants shouldn’t have much sugar in them at all. A sweet croissant is a bad croissant.
                I now want croissants for breakfast.
                16271 posts you've made, and that one is the truest.

Comment

My son is between jobs and has got a couple of weeks leave in between. He and his fiancee (accent) are off on an outback road trip today and I’m a little envious but will enjoy it vicariously. Tonight they are here https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...uth_Wales.html. Cricket followers may recognise Narromine as the place Glenn McGrath hails from.

Their trip will also take in Bourke, pronounced “burke” and so remote from Sydney that it gave rise to the expression “back of Bourke” meaning the middle of nowhere. Plus one of the most evocatively named places in Australia, Lighting Ridge.

I told them to drive carefully.

Comment

Just been on a web funeral for a friend. Crikey, the left-footer celebrant made it all about his relegion...

Comment

Do I need to point out the evilness of croissants yet again?

Comment

Catholic funerals are a right pain. You must do about 100 changes between standing, sitting and kneeling over the course of the ceremony. It felt like a full work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          Do I need to point out the evilness of croissants yet again?
                          What?

Comment

Went for a stress test today. Nothing wrong with the heart or peripherals, but boy am I unfit.

Comment

I feel like I've been kicked by a horse with a grudge.

Haven't unpacked anything. Bought a new kettle online, luckily it arrived early (today).

Milly settling in well, seems happy.

Lots of light and windows here but I have to remember not to walk around skyclad as I did in the cabin, also not to sing stupid songs to Milly with the windows open.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                Catholic funerals are a right pain. You must do about 100 changes between standing, sitting and kneeling over the course of the ceremony. It felt like a full work out.
                                The Fit Back in Your Cassock by Friday workout.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                  I feel like I've been kicked by a horse with a grudge.

Haven't unpacked anything. Bought a new kettle online, luckily it arrived early (today).

Milly settling in well, seems happy.

Lots of light and windows here but I have to remember not to walk around skyclad as I did in the cabin, also not to sing stupid songs to Milly with the windows open.
                                  Skyclad? That’s a new one on me. I like it.

Comment

The guy I got to drive me to my doctor's appointment yesterday morning didn't show up (or answer my texts asking him if he was going to) until 17 minutes later than he was supposed to, or 7 minutes after I gave up and drove myself (as I would otherwise have been more than a couple of minutes late and I had no idea if he was ever going to show at that point). Coincidentally 7 minutes is the time google reckons it takes to drive between our two houses.
                                    This did not improve my stress levels as I then got to spend the next couple of hours worrying about being able to drive back again safely. Fortunately the procedure went better than the last time, so that, coupled with just sitting around down there for an hour so afterwards meant that all was well in that regard.
                                    I did miss the department meeting because of it, which was a bonus.
                                    In the afternoon I had to do a bunch of online research (for a meeting this afternoon), which served to remind me that I fricking hate doing that and meant that I was incredibly irritable the entire day. This was also the job that my ceo was dangling as a carrot for me not to quit when I was complaining about how much working at my company sucked a couple of months ago, so that didn't really serve his purpose (unless, of course, his purpose is to finally get me to leave).

Comment

I had a dental hygiene once-over about three hours ago and my gums are still bleeding. Currently attempting to cauterise the wounds with hot tea.

Comment

I'm not sure hot tea is the right solution. When I had my brutal periodontal assault on my gums done a week ago, the dude said to use a moist tea-bag against the gums if the bleeding was bad, and apply pressure.

Comment

It's Friday. I've had another very hectic day. My mother is due here in 33 minutes and I'm supposed to be clearing the downstairs in preparation. After a week back at work, the house is mostly destroyed again, very little to show for last week's cleaning marathon. Am struggling to find the motivation.

Comment

I rarely look that hard....

Comment

I am in day four of what seems like a recursive battle with Google Store to return something. The object isn't particularly expensive, but it's a matter of principle now. Their website claims that the return period is 30 days, but the automated system told me I was outside the return period of 15 days. I keep getting back into the chat help system after being told it will get escalated to the right team by email and the email responds by sending a form letter saying "we tried everything but can't resolve your issue, try the chat system" (we know you didn't try everything because this is a literal repeat form letter).

Anyway, I'd thought I'd won yesterday when the senior team gave me a return number and told me I'd receive the return label in my email "in 30 minutes". I gave them the entire evening, but nothing came so I'm now back in the chat system which seems to be trying to send me to technical support again... I think I'm now chatting to the 15th different person in the chat system.

Comment

What the hell is a Google Store?

Comment

It's the online shop that sells products from brands that Google has acquired or created. Pixel, Nest, Chromecast, Fitbit, etc

Comment

Took the kids to the county fair on Wednesday. It is fascinating just how different my kids are when it comes to rides - my daughter loves them and will go on anything, my son was pretty much forced to go on a couple of low key ones by his sister and I don't think opened his eyes for more than about a second when he did so. Clearly he's actually my son.
                                                    A little crowded, but outside and almost everyone was wearing a mask (except when actively eating or drinking) so I feel it was pretty low risk covid-wise.
                                                    The people who weren't wearing masks stood out rather (to me, anyway), and seemed to fall into 3 roughly equal groups based on my mental categorization: carnies (a far higher percentage of these were unmasked than the general populace); men who looked like they thought they were too tough/cool/whatever to wear a mask; others who didn't obviously fall into the previous 2 categories (women, less aggressive-looking men, kids). I also notice that I'm clearly judgmental in this regard.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X