Mundane Thread IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MsD View Post
    Hmm, he was only 5’9”, I’m surprised to learn.

Dealbreaker.
    There go my chances then.

Comment

Very heightist. I've dated men ranging from 5'4" to 6'4.5" (which to be honest was a bit of a ridiculous match as I'm 5'1"). My husband is about 5'9".

Comment

Well, there you go, I’m seven inches taller than you!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

There go my chances then.
          I think your chances went when he died, TBH.

Comment

And that’s without the “hair, heels and attitude”, but I’ve eased up on those since lockdown. Could reach 6’3”.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts bit corpsist.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                The statue at Fulham isn't a good likeness in many respects
                It has gone, so takes after him in that at least.

Shahid Khan ditched it in short order after taking over in 2013. It somehow ended up at the National Football Museum in Manchester but was removed from display around the time that Leaving Neverland came out.

Comment

OOW!

Well if they don’t want it, I’ll have it for the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Heh. I meant... I'm the same... oh, forget it.

Comment

It don't matter if you're black or white.

Comment

It matters if you're lackin' height.

Comment

You're bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Comment

I love Kentucky Fried Movie. It's right up there with my other favourite terrible nonsense films, The Big Bus and UHF.

Comment

Just saw a new advert for Batchelors beans .it's shot in my local area, you can see my house in one scene. As usual in these things, the way home that the two kids take is all over the place, and nothing like real life.

Comment

Magic beans.

Comment

My yellow sticker Tesco haul today: a seeded loaf, a prawn curry, hummus, a veggie cornish pasty, and some fishcakes. Not sure whether to have the fish cakes or the curry for my tea as neither should hang about.

I bought two Portuguese natas as the British egg custards were nowhere to be seen.

Comment

And, I'm working all day, in case anyone is appalled that I'm not cooking a dinner from scratch. My walk to Tesco's was my main exercise for the day.

Comment

Happy as I am with my insurance broker, I'm really not happy with their new name:

Partners(ampersand)(full stop)(no spaces)

Comment

Comment

TIL my wife is two inches taller than MsD (and I'd be tied with the shortest person Balders has dated).

Once she was wearing heels and a pantsuit for a interview and somebody on the BART platform yelled "DAMN WOMAN, YOU ABOUT EIGHT FEET TALL AND LOOKIN' GOOD!"

Comment

Once when we were walking down the Las Vegas Strip a guy shouted across the road "Representin' the Street!!" at Mrs Thistle because she was wearing a Sesame Street t-shirt with that emblazoned on it. Our friend who ran his own proto-hipster t-shirt company was a bit pissed off that he never got shouts of acclaim.

Comment

"Welcome to the next generation insurance advisory business" isn't really a sentence, is it? I mean, it's like one...but it's not quite there. And I'm not sure how to fix it. But as the subhead suggests, the category is definitely 'insurance advisory business'.

Comment

Every year I buy myself a birthday present... OK it's still two months off but what the heck, I saw this and fell in love with it:

Comment

Another view...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X