No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our rubbish collections are improved immensely by the guy who lives in the flat upstairs being a binman, so if we have an overfull bin he'll get them to do an out of sync collection.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      3CR's "list everything approach" worked. It was a Turtles t-shirt.

I'm amazed two people suggested Bod.

Also strong performance from GO there. I have 3 Ivor the Engine t-shirts.
      I was going to suggest Terrahawks. Lucky I was too late.

Comment

Today's t-shirt features Dug the Dog from the movie Up.

Squirrel!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
          I'll credit my local council with well-organised rubbish collections. We get collections each week for recycling, food waste and the rest, all on the same day. If there's a bank holiday in the way they rearrange collections, but they never miss a week.
          Something that surprised and impressed me in Sydney, or certainly this council area, nothing impacts the rubbish cycle, even Christmas Day.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
            Our rubbish collections are improved immensely by the guy who lives in the flat upstairs being a binman, so if we have an overfull bin he'll get them to do an out of sync collection.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.
            If you move, will the bin be big enough for the curtains?

Comment

A murder of crows just had a massive collective dump on my business premises.

Comment

The way Sits manages to train them like that is quite something, really.

Comment

And I bet they didn't buy anything before they collectively shat all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                    The way Sits manages to train them like that is quite something, really.
                    "Lift a bit. Roight a bit. Take aim. FOYA! Go for it, fellas! Give yaselves a dag you'll never forgit, moy beauties!"
                    Last edited by treibeis; 13-01-2021, 14:23.

Comment

Just got a phishing email. For the Irish posters, it says "your card was used online, not you? Click here. I called AIB,and they confirmed that it's a scam and no financial provider would attempt to contact you in that way.

Comment

I found an almost empty bag of raisins on the floor as I was putting my daughter to bed last night, which had last been used for my daughter's breakfast. Interrogating daughter on how many were left after breakfast (and before she'd just tossed it on the floor) was not terribly helpful, inspection of the bag revealed possible toothmarks.
                        My dog was also acting under the weather yesterday afternoon, so after some googling raisin toxicity in dogs (they're really very poisonous) took him off to the nearest vet emergency clinic, which was full, then called the next closest where they told me that they didn't think he needed to come in straight away, but to keep an eye on him and bring him in if he was getting worse and make an appointment for today. They thought that the symptoms he did have weren't likely to be from any raisins he may have eaten. So I've spent a night of poor sleep stressing about him. He didn't get any worse, at least, overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                          A murder of crows just had a massive collective dump on my business premises.
                          What have you done to provoke them...?

Comment

Bah. I have to wash Duvet A this week and record the process. Myyyyy liiiiiiife.

Also, have to tidy up the cabin tonight, as we have a building surveyor coming early tomorrow. Mrs J is selling. The kitchen and bathroom are clean so I'm scared to have a shower or cook anything. I have to try to squeeze some stuff into the shed.

I washed my hair in Fairy Liquid earlier, which is a bit of a comedown from the ?25 shampoo I was being accustomed to, but it seems OK. Have decent conditioner on it.

I'm considering the red crazy color again. but am not sure I'm prepared for the commitment. Maybe I will do some stripes and see how I feel.

Comment

So, will you have to move again with Mrs J selling?

Comment

Yes, although I don’t expect it to be for a few months. Will start looking towards the end of March. Would have liked another summer here but on the other hand it will be nice to have some space. You don’t really feel the lack of space here in summer as I have the garden and verandah.

Comment

At the moment - and I mean now - I have a family of foxes running around and playing on the roof. Little baby barks and squeaks and clodhopping feet.

Comment

That could be any of delightful, irritating or terrifying.

Comment

Milly finds it irritating. I have been out a few times lately to tell them off when I’ve been trying to sleep.

Comment

Vet report was that my dog's kidney levels look fine, but I should rummage in his poop for evidence of raisin consumption over the next couple of days. Found one raisin in one he laid yesterday (I think, possibly earlier this morning).
                                        Otherwise he has tweaked his back somehow, so is on painkillers for that and instructions to rest for a week or two (no walks, carry him up or down steps).
                                        All in all about as good as I could have hoped, it just took me all morning to deal with.

Comment

In 3 minutes time I'm about to have my first team meeting with my new team, which is really not something that I'm looking forward to. What with all the dog shenanigans I also have done no prepping (not that I really need to, but I probably should have at least tried to familiarize myself with what they're doing a bit more), and am worn out.

Comment

Trying to spot a raison in a turd is probably easier if the turd producer is a dog rather than a rabbit or, indeed, a sheep.

Comment

Tu as raison, mon ami

Comment

I houseworked hard. Go me. Looks immaculate now.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                                  "Lift a bit. Roight a bit. Take aim. FOYA! Go for it, fellas! Give yaselves a dag you'll never forgit, moy beauties!"
                                                  I’m not ‘strayun, ya daft galah.

Comment

S. aureus hope your dog is soon on the mend.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X