No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rather averse to online shopping for footwear, TBH. Or to be precise, I'm extremely averse to the aggravation of sending them back in the near certainty that they'll prove to be a poor fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      I think I'm going to buy some Chelsea boots when the shops reopen.
      I think they're talking about something else, NS.

Comment

But cheers for the heads up and offer.

Comment

Oh, don't get too excited, I deleted that email. Anyway, I've another pair of Dune boots in storage, they're pretty good and durable.

Comment

I'm rather averse to online shopping for footwear, TBH. Or to be precise, I'm extremely averse to the aggravation of sending them back in the near certainty that they'll prove to be a poor fit.
            Indeed. I was tempted a couple of years back by the substantial discount fir a pair of new DMs but they really weren't the same fit

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

I think they're talking about something else, NS.

Haha. Actually, I was wondering if the Megastore sold (leather) Chelsea boots with subtle club branding but an oddly-disproportionately-dramatic-effect-on-the-price tag.

Comment

They would struggle to match Wolves' move into the world of high fashion.

Comment

Wolverhampton has the most underrated skyline.

Comment

I hate to disappoint you, Spoony, but the bright lights in the distance are Walsall Shanghai, a key market for the men in gold.

Comment

It's no Dudley anyway.

Comment

For primary school trips, the newly opened West Midlands Safari Park had a modern and glamorous aura that Dudley Zoo struggled to match.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                          I was very impressed with those Fluevogs you bought recently, AdeC. They had some of the spirit of round toed glam stompers while still looking clean and modern rather than retro.
                          Yeah, still haven't had a chance to wear them, it being wettish. They were pretty cheap too, CDN 138.00. Fluevog's sales are rather good if they happen to have your size. He's a great guy too. Been around here as long as I have, you used to be able to chat to him in the store forever about what type of shoes you'd like to see. That was back in the day when mens' shoes were seriously dreary.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Yeah, still haven't had a chance to wear them, it being wettish..
                            That wasn't those fucking awful orange things, was it? Where George Melly would have shaken his head and said, "No. No, I can't. What would other people think?"?

Comment

They're actually beige with orange trim around the sole (and dayglo orange laces.) Neither I, nor George, give/gave a sod about what other people think. I was wearing red and green Kickers in my twenties, when I had a proper job and stuff, so I'll be buggered if I'll change my sartorial habits now I have no one to please but myself.

Comment

Edit: Sorry that comes across as more snippy than intended!

Comment

I went to swimming lessons last night. I can paddle around with a snorkel and flippers but my actual swimming is brick-like. I had to go because I was given the lessons as a gift, but really enjoyed it.

Comment

I have been madly coveting a pair of Fluvogs for months, but they have very few sizes of them in stock, and none are mine of course.

Comment

I'm with you; I've never bought footwear online. I don't actually buy many shoes at all: one decent pair, a couple of pairs of trainers and some sandals are quite enough clutter. Living in a flat with fairly restricted space helps lead to this reasoning

Comment

I've been wearing old trainers around the house instead of slippers which really start to ming with all-day wear. I have two pairs that have almost worn through on the sole but the uppers are still great (puma Roma 68, black/silver; converse black with red star).
                                        Can you get trainers resoled? I wouldn't buy new pumas, due to their Israel links.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

I've been wearing old trainers around the house instead of slippers which really start to ming with all-day wear

I wear socks when it's a bit chilly and go barefoot the rest of the time.

Comment

Too many stubbed toe memories to risk that, even if it were warm enough

Comment

I just had a bee hovering in front of my face for about 20 seconds and appearing to stare me right in the eye.

It was so unsettling that, after about ten seconds, I actually asked him whether he "fucking wanted some" (which slightly perplexed The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With, who thought I was talking to her).

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                Edit: Sorry that comes across as more snippy than intended!
                                                Don’t worry, it’s treibeis.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                                  I just had a bee hovering in front of my face for about 20 seconds and appearing to stare me right in the eye.

It was so unsettling that, after about ten seconds, I actually asked him whether he "fucking wanted some" (which slightly perplexed The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With, who thought I was talking to her).
                                                  Ha! I frequently vocalise my irritation with critters large and small which can surprise Mrs TrL or (when we were working in offices) work colleagues. Apparently it can be quite distracting when you're engrossed in a completing a spreadsheet and the grumpy old bloke at the next desk suddenly exclaims "Oh fuck OFF you buzzing, winged twat!".

Comment

I had a mouse run out from under my desk at Norcross once, in an open plan office of about thirty people, and in a demonstation of machismo that would have made Burt Reynolds give up I shrieked "Mouse"! and scrambled back in my chair (that had wheels on) about ten feet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X