The Post-Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    Those Costa cunts were bad enough before Brexit. Plenty of Irish cunts doing the same in Spain and the Algarve as well, and Germans in Mallorca, but the fuckin Brits from Andalusia to Balearics to fuckin Tossa del Mar, pack of monoglot bastards. Fuck yer fry ups and yer shit beer, yer crap hotels and your flags.
    Agree with all of this though there are some Spanish bar owners who will feel the pinch. But I have a few stories about the insularity and entitlism of many foreigners here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Agree with all of this though there are some Spanish bar owners who will feel the pinch. But I have a few stories about the insularity and entitlism of many foreigners here.
      Insular is what many migrant groups in the UK are called, particularly if they are Muslim.

Entitlement is the polite name for what many migrant groups are labelled as, benefit scroungers.

If we suddenly see 1,000s returning from the EU, and Spain in particular, I wonder how they'll be viewed?

Comment

Returning heroes?

Comment

But really all they need to do is register as residents, pay local and national taxes. The Spanish authorities don't want to lose vital income for bar and other service industries.

Comment

But really all they need to do is register as residents, pay local and national taxes. The Spanish authorities don't want to lose vital income for bar and other service industries.
            That's the option that they have that many others don't in the UK, to become legal and therefore tax paying citizens of the country they are in. I'm sure most people living illegally in the UK would jump at this chance.

Comment

Of course.

Comment

I think that you'll find that part of the reason for them moving there in the first place was to avoid paying for public services.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

I think that you'll find that part of the reason for them moving there in the first place was to avoid paying for public services.
                  Like the Brits who moved to Turkey but would travel back home every three months.

Comment

Just made the mistake of looking at Brexit-related posts on Twitter, and it's funny how 'Russian interference' is basically code for 'a frightening number of Brits and Americans possess completely dogshit critical thinking skills'.

Comment

It's a bit like the idea that people were deceived or misled into voting for Brexit. A good proportion were clamouring to hear lies they wanted to think were true.

Comment

Oh yes, but of course, it's all the media's fault, what with the media and Russians stopping people from checking out who stood to gain by this with all of the restrictions placed on the internet...
                        Oh wait, that's bollocks.

Meanwhile, this guy really does have a tweet for everything:

https://www.twitter.com/dril/status/880902944694185986?lang=en

Comment

Apparently anyone deported from Spain will be barred from all the Schengen countries.

This is going to be fun.

Comment

Deported in the sense of forcibly removed because they were staying in the country illegally, or in the sense of left the country "voluntarily" because they had lost residency rights and their visa-free period was expiring? If the former, that's not a surprise is it? Same would apply the other way around.
                            Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 30-03-2021, 12:59.

Comment

This sheds some (not all) light on the situation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-brexit-rules

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                Apparently anyone deported from Spain will be barred from all the Schengen countries.

This is going to be fun.
                                Can you link to this news? Thanks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1376558757036105735?s=19

Here you go Sporting I think I've rather jumped the gun on this. There's a possibility rather than will.

Comment

I mean, I'd be perfectly happy if they did start booting people out.

As we know, this is often the only way people ever learn, and fuck ME if there aren't some lessons that need to be learned here.

Comment

Yeah, but then they'd all be back here, lowering the tone.

Comment

Are we absolutely sure the tone can get any lower at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                          Are we absolutely sure the tone can get any lower at this point?
                                          I suspect we haven't even begun to scrape the bottom of the barrel yet.

Comment

What a depressing (and undoubtedly true) thought.

Comment

I want them to come back. I want them to complain. I want their to be a reaction.

Because then we might see change, we might see an end to this fascist kleptocracy.

It's a fucking huge might.

Comment

Except that I'm sure they'll blame the foreigners.

Comment

This is well worth reading:

http://www.bremaininspain.com/byline...-brits-abroad/

Comment

More "let's laugh at the fools who don't think things through"

https://twitter.com/MarinaNigrelli/status/1377717983309627397?s=19

Comment

Working...
                                                    X