Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/chrisgreybrexit/status/1349460427261009920?s=20

Comment

Some of those @ed in the post not only opposed Brexit but warned of the consequence. The fisheries minister, or whatever the correct title is, could not be fucked to read the document because she was too busy with the nativity.

It's looking like a number of relatively big companies are going to wall because of this. 200 employees is large and will have a significant impact on the local community. Blame the right people.

Comment

Access to markets was raised as a concern by this company in 2018.
        https://www.politico.eu/article/brex...dustry-divide/

Comment

The plan to have 30,000 visas for seasonal farm labourers certainly doesn't sound like a licence for worker exploitation at all. No sirree.
          https://emerging-europe.com/news/bul...al-work-visas/

Comment

Also it sounds like all their other "planning" at the moment. Promise a big number. Fail to deliver. Blame other people for it.

Comment

Tory MP David Duguid was interviewed this morning on BBC Good Morning Scotland about Fisheries.

Gary Robertson (BBC): "How long will it take to fix the problems caused by Brexit on fishing?"
              David Duguid: “How long is a piece of string.”

For info - David Duguid is the sitting MP for the constituency of Banff & Buchan, which includes the fishing communities of Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Banff & Portsoy.
              But David clearly couldn't give a shit.

Comment

Farage is very conspicuous by his media absence on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  He has moved on, he knew perfectly well what was about to happen I suspect...

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    The plan to have 30,000 visas for seasonal farm labourers certainly doesn't sound like a licence for worker exploitation at all. No sirree.
                    https://emerging-europe.com/news/bul...al-work-visas/
                    Gangmasters to return, there will be some horrible stories of modern day slavery coming out of this I'm sure.

It was bad before as accommodation was often taken out of the wage, now these people are at the mercy of their sponsors.

Comment

He doesn't give a refuk

Comment

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1349664572613996544

Comment

This is what happens when you pack the biggest goombahs off to Westminster.

Comment

A senior Tory politician just called me to ask what the fuck did the DUP think would happen when it signed up to Brexit?
                            Maybe they believed what Johnson said.

Comment

Lots of people did.

Look where it got us.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                It's amazing how fast the government has shifted from "It'll be a bonfire of Eurocracy, a decimation of the regulations!" to "You should be better at filling out the paperwork. It's your own fault!"
                                I've never understood the whole british thing about the EU being a mass of red tape and paperwork. The whole fucking thing is an exercise in reducing paperwork and red tape, by harmonizing and rationalising standards and customs regimes across europe. Now you fill out an online form at the start of your journey, and you can literally drive your goods from ballinasloe to fucking bratislava as though it was the same fucking country. I just have to assume that it's an argument made in bad faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                  This is what happens when you pack the biggest goombahs off to Westminster.
                                  My brother's being calling the lot of them " glorified county councillors " since back in the 80s. They could sit in parliament picking up their handy cheque without having to actually do any work. The first time they have to make a decision, they blow it spectacularly.

Comment

He's getting a pasting for tweeting that Churchill preached unity after WW2. Everyone's replying, "Nuremberg, you fucking idiot!"

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

My brother's being calling the lot of them " glorified county councillors " since back in the 80s. They could sit in parliament picking up their handy cheque without having to actually do any work. The first time they have to make a decision, they blow it spectacularly.
                                      Imagine Sammy Wilson being as thick as pigshit.

Comment

Wasn't it here that someone said that the DUP sent their stupidest to Westminster in order to stop them from fucking up anything in Stormont and then they accidentally ended up with the keys to the kingdom? I noticed Arlene Foster stepping in over their heads pretty sharpish when May needed bailing out.

In other news

https://twitter.com/BrexileInBerlin/status/1349644530031714309

To steal a quote from elsewhere "The only thing left to eat is schadenfreude and I'm going to pick that buffet clean."

Comment

My chocolates still haven't made it into Ireland. They've gone back to Kidlington while everyone works out what to do. I'd happily sneak them over myself, but I don't want to become known as "The Chocolate Smuggler", as that sounds dubious at best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I've never understood the whole british thing about the EU being a mass of red tape and paperwork. The whole fucking thing is an exercise in reducing paperwork and red tape, by harmonizing and rationalising standards and customs regimes across europe. Now you fill out an online form at the start of your journey, and you can literally drive your goods from ballinasloe to fucking bratislava as though it was the same fucking country. I just have to assume that it's an argument made in bad faith.
                                            Bad faith implies they know what the EU actually is and how it functions. There is very little evidence of that being the case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                              I just have to assume that it's an argument made in bad faith.
                                              I am shocked to find that gambling is going on in here.

Comment

Also "red tape" is something for someone else to deal with. Our lot are above that and other things, like laws and consequences.

I genuinely think that the UK is going to have a standoff and demand the EU reduce the "paperwork mountain". (If the cunt Johnson starts using that, I'll sue for royalties.)

Comment

I mean, where do you start with this c**t.
                                                  https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1349689694339149824

But he's maybe right? Perhaps they're happier because they're not being caught, killed, sold & eaten?

Comment

Also "red tape" is something for someone else to deal with. Our lot are above that and other things, like laws and consequences.

I genuinely think that the UK is going to have a standoff and demand the EU reduce the "paperwork mountain". (If the cunt Johnson starts using that, I'll sue for royalties.)
                                                    Red, white and blue tape Brexit, innit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X